Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plentypepper
Reel Rookie

Canada Entertainment Channel - won't add

Jump to solution

Hi, I've tried to add the Canada Entertainment channel via my laptop and my Roku TV.  No luck, every time I try I get the following message:

Oops. The channel could not be added due to an unexpected problem.

Any workarounds or ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Canada Entertainment Channel - won't add

Jump to solution

Hi @Christina4,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are unable to access and find Canada Entertainment.

Please be aware that If you can no longer find the channel in the Roku Channel Store or the access code no longer works, the channel may no longer be available on the Roku platform.  
Note: If you subscribed to or purchased content on a channel that is no longer available on your Roku device. you'd want to contact any specific channel to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

For more information, see this additional resource: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support Canada
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
James007

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with error message "Oops. The channel could not be added due to an unexpected problem."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @James007,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I will do my best to assist you and I understand that you receiving an error in adding the Canada Entertainment channel.

Please be guided through this link on how to add channels to the Roku device: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support Canada 

You may also refer to this link to add the channel from the Roku channel store: Canada Entertainment | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku
We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support Canada
Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now 

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Installation
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After subscribing in November, I cancelled after a few days because I could not get the app to log on properly.  I already explained the situation here.  It's bee months since my subscription has been cancelled but I still can't removed the channel from my ROKU device.  This CANADA app has been problematic.  I am really wondering if this app really works.  

So still stuck with the App although I am not a subscriber.

Otherwise ROKU is working great.  I don't even have the option to remove the APP as there is not selection as such anymore.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Installation, so when you highlight the channel on the Home Screen and press * on the remote you don't get the option to remove the channel?  Do you get the option to manage the subscription?  Usually you get one or the other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Installation
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes indeed this is what I get 

Manage subscription but I am not a subscriber anymore. I was told that once my subscription would expiry I would again get the option to remove the channel but that is not the case. My subscription has been terminated in December. I never had access to the Canada Entertainement channel 

0 Kudos
Installation
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention. Even if I go to manage subscription and I ask to remove it, it keeps  saying unable to remove channel 

so I will live with the icon on my panel 

0 Kudos
plentypepper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Mary, none of your solutions worked.  It seems like other people are having problems with this channel as well.  I'm done trying to fight with it.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @plentypepper,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Aside from this channel, are you able to add another channel without an error?

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Christina4

Jump to solution

Evertime I try to get canada entertainment on my roku it says it can not be found. So what can I do

0 Kudos