Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rad4u
Reel Rookie

How to watch MSNBC & CNN on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

Can you watch MSNBC & CNN? If so, how?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: Can you watch MSNBC & CNN?

Jump to solution

@rad4u wrote:

Can you watch MSNBC & CNN?

You can if you still have a cable subscription. The Roku apps for both require that you authenticate with a cable provider in order to access all available content and LIVE feeds.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rad4u wrote:

Can you watch MSNBC & CNN?

You can if you still have a cable subscription. The Roku apps for both require that you authenticate with a cable provider in order to access all available content and LIVE feeds.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
msnbc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a cable subscription at home and have used my Roku device at another location where there is no cable available.  Until yesterday (4/16/2020) I was able to call up the NBC app, go to NETWORKS, click on MSNBC and WATCH LIVE was an option.  Suddenly, that has stopped.  Anybody know why?  I have deleted and re-entered my NBC.COM account, and also unlinked, then re-linked my cable information...still nada.

0 Kudos
Tjnobody
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. Can’t get to MSNBC anymore. I got MSNBC through BROVO before, Now it’s gone from BROVO. Added the NBC NEWS app and I could get to MSNBC for a few days. Now I only get previously aired segments, NO live MSNBC.

I have Directv and get CNN GO no problem.

ekp2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
msnbc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I may have found the problem.  Try this:

1. Got to NBC app on Roku.

2. At the top, instead of selecting NETWORKS, select LIVE

3. At this point, you will probably be connected to your local NBC station which is playing NBC network programming.  But you wanted NBC or CNBC or another, right?

4. Use your Roku DOWN ARROW to scoll down.  Underneath the NBC programming from your local affiliate, you should see choices for what is on the air now at MSNBC and other NBC properties.  Highlight what other NBC network you want to watch and press ENTER.

5. You should now be watching MSNBC (or whatever you chose)?

I'm not sure if something changed without notice from anybody or what but this workaround seems to resolve this issue here.

I'd be interested in whether it worked for you, too, or whether there's something screwy going on with my setup.

ekp2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep, I think this is it! They just moved it but actually it makes more sense to have it where it is now (in my opinion).  Thanks!

Tjnobody
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update........

I can watch MSNBC through the BRAVO app. They moved it to the “live” option. Previously it was through the “network “ option

0 Kudos
Tjnobody
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry, didn’t see the post above regarding the ABC app. Either way, through ABC or BRAVO app and select the “live” option

Tjnobody
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry, didn’t see the post above regarding the ABC app. Either way, through ABC or BRAVO app and select the “live” option 

0 Kudos