Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yu246630york
Channel Surfer

Re: Can you watch MSNBC & CNN?

Jump to solution

None of this ever works. Really starting to regret purchasing a Roku TV

0 Kudos
wta1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I cannot watch MSNBC live or recent episodes for the past two days. I have Spectrum Cable and have been accessing MSNBC for 8 months using Roku, and out of nowhere, I am getting an error message that reads "we're having some trouble" error code: cloudpatherrorauthorization. 

Please help. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
wta1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more." 

I've done this, it does not work. NBC news channel is working, but MSNBC is not, nor are any of the channels shows. 

0 Kudos
wta1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried this as well (live and networks option) and still cannot access MSNBC news channel via the NBC app. The drop down menu guide lists available shows and NBC news is streaming live news with no issue. 

Roku, what is going on, this is two days with NO MSNBC. I access NBC via Roku with Spectrum Cable. Do you think that I should take this up with Spectrum or NBC? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RBinDC

Jump to solution

If you already have a cable connection why would you want to stream any live show through ROKU?  The cable connection will provide a better picture and streams in real time, whereas streaming through ROKU introduces a time lag of around 1 minute.

A one-minute time lag may should trivial but it is not if you are trading stocks while watching CNBC.  Being one-minute behind in responding to news can cost you big time!

If you want to stream live tv to save money you will need to subscribe to Sling, which is the only ROKU channel that streams the NBC shows live (with a one-minute time lag).

0 Kudos
Skmar

Jump to solution

Tried this and still getting cloud path error

0 Kudos
pairahoos

Jump to solution

same question -- it seems like the channels are authenticating with the wifi network overwhich you are accessing them.  i get an error message that the channels are not part of my subscription -- but I am not at my home where my subscription is physically located -- what happened to tv everwhere?  Of course I can access it on my 4 inch phone screen -- why they bother with high def for a phone screen is laughable

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lafayette

Jump to solution

Watch

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You need a provider for CNN or MSNBC , which makes no sense to me since MSNBC's ratings are extremely low in terms of viewership. They should be making themselves available wherever they can.