Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam196201
Reel Rookie

Can you add a channel that's not in the channel store?

Want to add "anime planet" but its not in the channel store.  Could someone please explain if you can, or how to do this?  I am techno stunted, I checked to see if this question was posted before, but I couldn't find one that matched exactly.   thank you for your consideration.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Can you add a channel that's not in the channel store?

Answer is = NO

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you add a channel that's not in the channel store?

@Sam196201 

For any content you want that is not available as a developed Channel/app in the Channel Store, you can try watching online if available and then cast or mirror to your Roku device, or use your laptop with an HDMI cable directly to your TV.  (can even use your cellphone or other mobile device with appropriate adapter).

If this is the Anime Planet you are referring to (https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/watch-online/), then either method mentioned above should work for you.

You can also look into installing Web Video Caster to your Roku device (and on mobile device) if you want an easy method to wirelessly cast online/web content.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos