Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosrocket1
Level 7

Can you Voice search in Youtube app?

I purchased the Roku Ultra but I am disappointed in that it seems I cannot search by voice in the YouTube app. I tried a few times but always get a can't do this response. I had called Roku support  before purchasing it and was told I would be able to. I watch a lot of YouTube videos so being able to search YouTube by voice is important to me.

Was I misinformed or am I doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Can you Voice search in Youtube app?

If you use the mobile app, you can use voice search for anything, via the voice keyboard built into Android or iPhone..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
dajhorn
Level 7

"cosrocket1" wrote:
I purchased the Roku Ultra but I am disappointed in that it seems I cannot search by voice in the YouTube app. I tried a few times but always get a can't do this response. I had called Roku support  before purchasing it and was told I would be able to. I watch a lot of YouTube videos so being able to search YouTube by voice is important to me.

Was I misinformed or am I doing something wrong?

Voice Search in YouTube is broken for me in the 8.0.0 build 4184 firmware. I can't use it to search only the Roku channel that I have open.

Right now, Voice Search only returns spam from Roku partner channels that I don't have installed and don't want to use.
0 Kudos
edwardotis
Level 7

The Roku app keyboard is not compatible with YouTube search in 11/2019 Roku app Android. (Same with Amazon prime, and others. Very disappointed.)

You must use the YouTube app on your phone to search by keyboard or voice. Your search results will show up in the history on the Roku YouTube app, and you can then use that with one click.
0 Kudos