Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosrocket1
Level 7

Can you Voice search in Youtube app?

I purchased the Roku Ultra but I am disappointed in that it seems I cannot search by voice in the YouTube app. I tried a few times but always get a can't do this response. I had called Roku support  before purchasing it and was told I would be able to. I watch a lot of YouTube videos so being able to search YouTube by voice is important to me.

Was I misinformed or am I doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Can you Voice search in Youtube app?

If you use the mobile app, you can use voice search for anything, via the voice keyboard built into Android or iPhone..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
dajhorn
Level 7

Re: Can you Voice search in Youtube app?

"cosrocket1" wrote:
I purchased the Roku Ultra but I am disappointed in that it seems I cannot search by voice in the YouTube app. I tried a few times but always get a can't do this response. I had called Roku support  before purchasing it and was told I would be able to. I watch a lot of YouTube videos so being able to search YouTube by voice is important to me.

Was I misinformed or am I doing something wrong?

Voice Search in YouTube is broken for me in the 8.0.0 build 4184 firmware. I can't use it to search only the Roku channel that I have open.

Right now, Voice Search only returns spam from Roku partner channels that I don't have installed and don't want to use.
0 Kudos