Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can we get Peacock thru Roku?

I'm interested in Peacock (NBC) and looked for it through my Roku, but it's not showing up in the search. I wonder if it will be added? 

82 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Can we get Peacock thru Roku?

Highlighted
Level 7

Ok, next question: will we be able to get Peacock thru Roku?

Highlighted
Level 15

I don't think a list of supported devices has been released yet. I would assume most Roku's would be supported. Like some recent services, it's possible older models may not be supported.

Highlighted
Level 7

While not confirmed, Peacock is expected to be compatible with Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, iPhone/iPad, Web Browsers, and Android Phone/Tablet.

Highlighted
Level 7

But will Xfinity internet customers be able to access their free Premium tier through it after it goes live for everybody in July, or will we be stuck only being able to access it through their stupid box? Comcast has given virtually no information about any of this.. The first I even heard the early access was going through Flex was in an email 2 days before it went live-- and I've been trying to get that stupid Flex box for a month, but since the website is broken for me, and nobody answers at 1-800-COMCAST or any of their social media accounts, I've been SOL. Then my TV broke and I had to get a new one, and it had Roku built in, I don't want an extra stupid device just for 1 service. Just frustrating. They need to get their crud together.
Highlighted
Level 8

Peacock channel

Will the NBC peacock channel and HBOMAX be available on roku

Highlighted
Level 15

Re: Peacock channel

For Peacock, nothing has been announced yet. So far, only Apple TV and XBox, along with Comcast's own X1 cable boxes.

Found this on CNet:

What devices can stream HBO Max?

HBO said the Max service will be available on a "very wide array of devices," including phones, tablets, the web, connected TVs and game consoles. 

Recently, the company has begun officially announcing deals for device support. 

• Most Apple devices that can stream video will support HBO Max -- iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD. However, customers with second- and third-generation Apple TV models will need to stream HBO Max content from their iPhone or iPad to their TV with AirPlay.
  • Google's Android operating system for phones and tablets will have an app as well, and Android TV devices, Chromebooks, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices will support HBO Max too. 

But one popular device may not get HBO Max, at least initially. On Wednesday, AT&T's incoming CEO, John Stankey, said that Amazon's Fire TV products may not have an HBO Max app. "I'm pleased to say we're going to be in virtually all app stores, or maybe one exception. It looks like we may not be in the Amazon Fire app store when all of this is said and done," he said. "But I feel really good about the distribution dynamic, the availability of the product."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I got the Xfinity Flex box before I bought a new Roku TV. It's not bad for someone who doesn't have any other streaming service, but since I have Roku now it seems pointless to keep it. Roku is so much more versatile, even allowing us to add private channels that aren't on the regular list. Since I'm paying Xfinity for my internet service, I hope I can still stream Peacock free through Roku though.

Highlighted
Level 13

Here is the latest. We all thought it was a no-brainer that HBO Max would be on Roku at launch. Could be a race. Which will become available on Roku first? HBO Max or Peacock?

Streaming Drama: Peacock, Like HBO Max, Has no Deal with Amazon or Roku 

Good thing is that Peacock is a brand new service and was not a part of Roku channels program. That should make the negotiations much more straight forward.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Fire TV Stick 4K