Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bebesarah
Level 7

Re: Can we get Peacock thru Roku?

Not available on Roku or Amazon  because of failure to reach an agreement. Business Insider article July 15, 2020.

caroljj
Level 8

Re: Add free Peacock streaming on Roku

Evidently a similar situation since Roku does not have it yet. I hope Roku reaches an agreement soon with Peacock TV and HBO Max. I may have to change streaming devices if this keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
ceresmary206
Level 9

As of right now, (and why I am here) noooo, there is no peacock given the wars between COX entertainment and other licensure.  Right now no Amazon (fire stick) and no Roku regardless of style.  And it seems to be about MONEY not about giving the larger audience access to Peacock.  Know that also  the "free version" isn't the only version of this account, which may have more to do with why there's so many problem getting ROKU and Fire Stick involved besides the war between cable companies and access in general.

pwagnereno
Level 7

Have you been above to get Peacock?

0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 10

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like Peacock or HBOMax will be available on Roku any time soon. I have access to both through my iPad and Apple TV, but I would really prefer it to be available on Roku as Roku is the primary streaming platform in my home. While it is frustrating and a reason why I have a backup to Roku in the event a network is not available on its platform (Facebook Watch), it is something that unfortunately comes with the territory as streaming continues growing. Hopefully, these negotiations don’t take much longer, paying customers shouldn’t have to buy multiple streaming platforms/devices just to be able to access subscriptions they pay for, especially during an epidemic. Just one man’s opinion.

DesertViewer
Level 9

@pwagnereno wrote:

Have you been above to get Peacock?

On the TV in my bedroom with built-in Android TV, yes.

I remember a time when streaming services would launch without having to play hardball with Roku. Good times.

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Level 9

Roku Support keeps sending me e-mails in response to this issue saying that we need to contact the content provider. The content provider keeps saying we need to contact Roku.

Does any of this sound familiar? Like when your old cable or satellite service was in a dispute with a content provider? Similar to when DISH and HBO couldn't come top terms, so they told the customer to contact the other party? I feel like a child whose parents are bickering and keep telling me to ask the other parent.

ZzyzxRoad
Level 8

So- NBC pre-sells a service and says it will go live 7/15/20.  ROKU provides the Peacock app.  We purchase add free streaming on the Peacock app.  Then, no programming.  Both companies are being deceptive in their business practices.  It might be time to buy apple tv, for the whole house.

nicolaoddo14
Level 8

If you own an xbox you can stream Peacock through it. 

0 Kudos
nicolaoddo14
Level 8

If you own an xbox you can install the peacock application on your xbox as a work around.

0 Kudos