Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djchristensen1
Level 8

Can’t watch from beginning when recording in progress

I have a daily program set to record at 6AM. When I wake just after 7, the show is still in the process of recording. I normally select the program from live programming and watch from the beginning. After over a year of doing this, I can no longer watch from the beginning or rewind to the beginning. When the show is over, I can watch from the beginning, but I don’t have time. I’m using an Ethernet connected Ultra. A premier unit in another room works normally as does my phone? What’s the problem?

4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Can’t watch from beginning when recording in progress

What channel are you using?  Sounds like a problem with the channel, not a generic Roku problem.

0 Kudos
fd19
Level 7

I noticed the same thing too --  it is not HULU or any service.

I have an Apple TV device and an Amazon Fire and both work fine

I'm only have the problem on the Roku Ultra

I did a factory reset and still the same problem 

Jla
Level 7

I have exactly the same problem.  Not channel specific.  Have reset device multiple times and still doesn't work properly.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Buttertone
Level 7

I have same issue using Hulu on route stick. I’ve called Hulu 3 times and two persons tried to fix problem and the third Looked it up and said it’s an on going issue that is on the Route side and that Roku is aware of it and is working on it. I only wish there was a way to communicate with Roku to get the info

0 Kudos