Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't watch Tennis Channel on second Roku device

Jump to solution

We purchased the Tennis Channel and it's been working fine on our primary home Roku.  But when we try to watch at our cabin on our second Roku device, the channel is there, but when we try to watch it, it asks us to log in again, and then activate with a code.  We already did this but OK...only it asks for a TV provider.  What?  Is there something we're missing - we're not able to watch it on our second Roku.  Netflix, Prime work fine on 2nd device.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't watch Tennis Channel on second Roku device

Jump to solution

@mrjansson 

Thanks for the post.

Some channels will ask for the user to authenticate the channel to ensure that the user is authorized to access that channel with the appropriate credentials.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mrjansson 

Thanks for the post.

Some channels will ask for the user to authenticate the channel to ensure that the user is authorized to access that channel with the appropriate credentials.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's fine if they want to authenticate on the 2nd device (once) but as part of that process they kept asking us to enter our TV provider from a list of cable/satellite companies.  We don't have cable/satellite TV, we stream only.  So stuck there.  Then, when we got home to our primary residence, and now Tennis Channel wasn't working there either, even though it had been working before!  And it asked the same questions.  Frustrating, as we paid $110 and can't watch the channel!  And no phone support from Tennis Channel or Roku...I could cancel, but I want all $110 back in that case, and I suspect they won't send me any reimbursement, which really is theft.  Anyway, I'm miffed to say the least.  I'd prefer to get it to work though...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

And not even email support from Roku

0 Kudos