Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cherylt
Level 7

Can't watch Paramount Network, USA, Comedy Central, etc. anymore. Were able to for over 6months

Jump to solution

We have had Roku for approx. 6 months now.  We have no cable/satellite only wifi and have been able to watch stations such as Paramount Network, Comedy Central, USA and others but not anymore.  What good is Roku if you need cable/satellite program package in order to watch certain stations?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't watch Paramount Network, USA, Comedy Central, etc. anymore. Were able to for over 6months

Jump to solution

@cherylt 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How were you watching these stations that you mentioned? Were you watching them through their own channel (app)? Some content on Roku devices are only available through a cable provider or a TV subscription.

For more information about what you can watch on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: What channels can I watch on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't watch Paramount Network, USA, Comedy Central, etc. anymore. Were able to for over 6months

Jump to solution

@cherylt 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How were you watching these stations that you mentioned? Were you watching them through their own channel (app)? Some content on Roku devices are only available through a cable provider or a TV subscription.

For more information about what you can watch on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: What channels can I watch on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ross128
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been getting that error with Comedy Central. I haven't tried the others. Roku support always posts the same "have you tried turning it off and turning it on again" response, then defaults to telling you to contact the channel/app support. I've sent 3 emails to CC App Support, and have not had a reply. Not even an auto-reply. If all the affected channels are owned by the same company, or their apps were designed by the same developer, that could be the problem. If not, then it's a Roku problem. Thing is, we may never know. Canned responses and support mailboxes that aren't monitored don't really give you much to go on. I can watch CC on every other app/device that I own. It leads me to believe that the problem is a Roku playback issue.

Oh well. I guess there's always Amazon FireStick.

0 Kudos