Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvegmond
Level 7

Can't watch ESPN anymore, even though I have an active subscription

I have an active ESPN subscription via Roku. It won't let me stream anything anymore. It is asking for an activation code, then the next step it is asking for my TV provider. Roku not available in the list of tv providers. I don't have any other TV provider.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kdub813
Level 7

ESPN app does not work after successful activation

I go to watch ESPN on my Roku.
After selecting an event I am asked to activate on a computer or mobile device. I do so and my mobile device says activation successful but the roku screen never changes / allows me to watch ESPN.

This just started a couple weeks ago. I have removed app, rebooted, and tried again. Same result.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Kymbishop
Level 7

Re: Can't watch ESPN anymore, even though I have an active subscription

Same issue. I even paid 4.99 a month for ESPN cause i do noy have it on my cable and it Says it isnt in my cable package. Wjich i know thay , is why i paid for a subscription
0 Kudos
cvegmond
Level 7

Re: Can't watch ESPN anymore, even though I have an active subscription

Yup I also pay 4.99 a month. Glad I am not the only one. I will have to cancel that subscription if no solution is offered.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ESPN app does not work after successful activation

@Kdub813 @cvegmond @Kymbishop 

Thanks for the note here. ESPN has multiple types of content within their channel. They offer content that can be authorized using an existing TV provider account, such as cable/satellite/streaming cable TV provider. They also offer content that can be accessed using a standard ESPN subscription. Thirdly, they offer content that can be accessed using an ESPN+ subscription. Depending on the type of content that you are trying to access/view, and the authentication method that you are trying to use, this may relate to the issue you are seeing. You will want to contact ESPN support for more help, to describe the content you are trying to access, get assistance walking through the correct authentication process for that content, or help subscribing to the correct service to access that content, and then authenticate the channel accordingly. You can reach ESPN support here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us or by calling 1 (888) 549-3776. 

There is also the possibility that there is an authentication issue occurring within their channel, in relation to your TV provider or their channel's internal authentication services. Roku does not have access to, nor manages any channel (app) authentication mechanism or systems. These are controlled independently by each channel and TV providers, etc. If there is an issue with your specific provider or account, you'll need to work with ESPN or your TV provider to continue investigating that issue. 

Keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help with. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos