Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't sign into curiosity stream

So I signed up for a curiosity stream account before I ever bought a Roku. now I'm on my Roku on my TV trying to sign into curiosity stream but it gives me absolutely nowhere to sign in to my account. The only option I get is at the top it says press okay to start your subscription or if I hit the little asterisk thing for the options, it gives me the option to start a subscription to watch and that's it so I'm trying to understand if you already have a subscription how can you sign in

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Can't sign into curiosity stream

Well thats not what Im seeing.

There is an option to "Log In"

I see it on the splash and at the top on the right inside the app.

Do you have your credentials ready?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Credentials? I was going to try and post a picture so you could see my screen but I can't figure out how to do that lol

I am looking at my curiosity stream account on my Roku right now and at the very top from left to right it says.... Roku channel and then there's a faint little line and then it says curiosity stream.... Continuing to the right to the far right corner is Roku and a little line and then options

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Sounds like youre actually viewing it in the Roku Channel.(?)

Curiosity Channel should not say anything but.

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/curiosity+stream

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I added the channel through the app store whatever on the Roku. so when I turn my Roku on I went and looked at different things that I could add as far as apps go and that was one of them and that's what I did but I never got an option to sign in after it was installed it just gave me the option to subscribe. I really wish I could somehow post a picture to where you could see what it is that I'm seeing

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What credentials? Are you meaning my login stuff

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kennynnatalie14 

Thanks for the information.

When you open the Curiosity Stream channel, on the top screen there are selections and one of them is Login. When selecting Login, it will give you the option to either log in with your Curiosity Stream account credentials, or to sign up as a new subscriber.

If you are unable to see this, we recommend posting a screenshot of the Curiosity Stream channel home page so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same issue. Please let me know if you have figured it out. Apparently everybody else must have a different Roku device. There is no option to log in

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pitt4003 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Curiosity Stream support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Curiosity Stream support here: https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos