Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Can't sign into YouTube account on Roku 2020

Woke up this morning signed out of my YouTube account on Roku. When I try to sign in it signs me into a secondary account I have instead if the one I always use. I've tried everything I can think of including removing the secondary account, restarting roku, signing in mean manually with my email and trying to do it with my mobile app. Nothing works.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Can't sign into YouTube account on Roku 2020

I had the same problem signing into my new Roku Streaming Stick+ could not use the brand account that I wanted.  Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Kam789, 

I did! Here'es the process I used:

Steps to add another channel on your Roku YouTube app:

1. Open Roku
  2. Open the YouTube app
  3. Under Accounts (top left drop-down) select "Add Account"
  4. Select <sign in> <sign in with phone> <try another way> 
  5. You will be prompted to go to youtube.com/activate. 
  6. Use your phone or PC browser for this to enter the code shown on the screen.
  7. You may have to verify it’s you

I hope that works for you too.

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks.  For some reason this device does not give me "try another way," Glad yours worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

The day I was having an issue, there was one screen missing from the YouTube app, which is now there again. It was right after the app loaded, the screen that shows the channel you are in and right next to it is a circled + sign and the option to add a channel. Is that not there on your screen?

Highlighted
Level 8

Now, the windows and options are there.  Perhaps, the new device needed time to fully sync or changing my Roku e-mail address to match the YouTube account helped.  I changed the Roku e-mail back afterwards.  So far, it works.  Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos