Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knates
Reel Rookie

Can't sign into YouTube account on Roku 2020

Woke up this morning signed out of my YouTube account on Roku. When I try to sign in it signs me into a secondary account I have instead if the one I always use. I've tried everything I can think of including removing the secondary account, restarting roku, signing in mean manually with my email and trying to do it with my mobile app. Nothing works.

12 REPLIES 12
Kam789
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't sign into YouTube account on Roku 2020

I had the same problem signing into my new Roku Streaming Stick+ could not use the brand account that I wanted.  Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Knates
Reel Rookie

Hi Kam789, 

I did! Here'es the process I used:

Steps to add another channel on your Roku YouTube app:

1. Open Roku
  2. Open the YouTube app
  3. Under Accounts (top left drop-down) select "Add Account"
  4. Select <sign in> <sign in with phone> <try another way> 
  5. You will be prompted to go to youtube.com/activate. 
  6. Use your phone or PC browser for this to enter the code shown on the screen.
  7. You may have to verify it’s you

I hope that works for you too.

Kam789
Reel Rookie

Thanks.  For some reason this device does not give me "try another way," Glad yours worked.

0 Kudos
Knates
Reel Rookie

The day I was having an issue, there was one screen missing from the YouTube app, which is now there again. It was right after the app loaded, the screen that shows the channel you are in and right next to it is a circled + sign and the option to add a channel. Is that not there on your screen?

Kam789
Reel Rookie

Now, the windows and options are there.  Perhaps, the new device needed time to fully sync or changing my Roku e-mail address to match the YouTube account helped.  I changed the Roku e-mail back afterwards.  So far, it works.  Thanks for your input.

wonderles

Amazing! This has been driving me nuts and I have been searching and searching for answers.  Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Knates
Reel Rookie

Good to know it helped!

0 Kudos
jestas2020
Reel Rookie

This does not work for me. Apparently, I was bounced out of a brand account that I didn't know I had. This is where all of my youtube subscriptions and history are.  It is not coming up as an option to sign into, with either the mobile app option (Roku doesn't find my phone, despite being on the same wifi), nor does it find the brand option using the browser activation option. What else to try?

0 Kudos
jestas2020
Reel Rookie

Apparently, because my connection for the Roku was wired, there was no warning to switch to a wifi connection to connect to my mobile device. Once I did that, the instructions for signing in worked for the brand account. 

0 Kudos