Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't sign into TV account - password wrong

Trying to add a channel, can't sign into the account on tv, says password is incorrect - but the password/login works for online account.  Clicked the 'reset' password on tv, no email received.  

Can't add the channel online because it asks for a TV link # (displayed on TV) - there is no number displayed on the tv!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't sign into TV account - password wrong

@johnejingo 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding how to add a channel.

What channel are you trying to add? Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue is still unresolved, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for more information about that channel's authentication. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Danny, maybe you didn't see my subject line - "PASSWORD WRONG"

I was able to add the channel by navigating to their site (CBS ACCESS) - but I cannot sign into my ROKU account on my TV, it says the password is wrong, although I am able to sign into this online account with the same password.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@johnejingo wrote:

Hi Danny, maybe you didn't see my subject line - "PASSWORD WRONG"

I was able to add the channel by navigating to their site (CBS ACCESS) - but I cannot sign into my ROKU account on my TV, it says the password is wrong, although I am able to sign into this online account with the same password.

Mike

I'm trying to remember, but doesn't CBS All Access offer more than one method to log into the channel? It was a couple of weeks ago for me, but I thought if offered several different ways to log in, and only one required entering the account name and password. 

Did you sign up for CBS via a 3rd party, such as Prime Video or some other provider? It's possible that they don't permit using the CBS channel and require you to use their own interface/channel. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Dan, you are still not reading what I am writing.

>  I am all set with CBS All Access

>  I Cannot sign into my ROKU account on my TV.

> The password I use for THIS online ROKU account signs me into the website, but the SAME PASSWORD DOES NOT WORK TO SIGN INTO ROKU on the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@johnejingo 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please clarify the issue that you are experiencing? Can you please provide us with more information about where you are trying to sign into your Roku account on your TV? Can you please provide screenshots?

Your account that you use to sign into your Roku is the same account credentials that you use to sign into online (unless you have a different Roku account). 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No, I can't send a screenshot - the problem was on the TV - it happened when I tried to add CBS All Access from the Roku menu, by going to my Roku account (there were 2 options, 1 was to do it through my Roku account, the other was to go to the CBS page).  I eventually added it by going to the CBS page.

When I tried to do it through my Roku account, it asked me to put in my password - although the TV is already set up with Roku, I see all the standard options and account info, so I am already signed in.

0 Kudos