Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't sign in to CBS all access

Jump to solution

I signed up for the free trial of CBS All Access and somehow magically was able to watch a show the other day.  I just tried to watch something again and it asked me to sign in again (something no other channel does).  Then when I signed in, it said invalid username and password.  I logged in to Roku on the web and it shows the channel as installed.  

So I chose the forgot password option which sent me a password reset to CBS (not Roku) and when I used it and logged in there with the right password, it said invalid password.  

So I have no idea how I'm supposed to take advantage of this free trial if the channel won't work.  Help!  (And thank you!) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't sign in to CBS all access

Jump to solution

@rdcka 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact CBS All Access support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach CBS All Access support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@rdcka 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact CBS All Access support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach CBS All Access support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Signed up for free 3 month trial when activating new Roku account.

You refer me to CBS.  Its tech support has no record of you having opened a free trial for me, therefore, they referred me to you.  I phoned you.  Your service is out.  Therefore, must have your tech support.

Signing in to CBS All Access using the Roku onscreen option does not work.  The screen shows my email.  Typing the Roku password returns an error message each time tried.

The "forgot password" option does not send an email to me.

Resetting Roku password by my computer returns the same error message when entered.

Did Roku set up my 3 month trial (not found at CBS tech support)?  If not, please do.  If so, how can I access it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Received an email from ROKU saying CBS All Access is opening its' app for Free Access.  When I go to the app it only gives Pay options. I have a Roku Express and have never used their free 30  day trial. 

Please provide instructions on how to access. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry, my "reply" was posted in the wrong spot.

Except to complain that the previous response was incorrect.

Apparently this has been an issue, a failing by Roku software developers, for weeks or months.

Roku customer support via Internet is TERRIBLE.

And now the message at 816-272-8106 says no-one can answer the phone.

So, they are raking in the big bucks selling units during the crises but are not supporting customers.

No support from tech support at home!  Ridiculous for this company -- unless they are all sick, God forbid.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

For whatever it's worth, the way I got it to work for me was to choose remove channel from the Roku.  Then it asked if I wanted to cancel my subscription, so I said yes (because what do I need a subscription for if it doesn't work?). So I did all that, and when I went back into the channel, it worked just fine like it did before.  Go figure!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I would try that, thanks, but I phoned CBS All Access, described my situation and asked for consideration.

They have a one month free access if you sign (establish and account) with credit card.

The helpful agent told me a free extension was available.

He walked me through the CBS All Access signup on my computer.

Be sure to pick the no ads version.

Then he added my free extension on checkout.

Then I was able to use my new CBS All Access email and password to sign in by using their app on Roku.

Go figure, indeed!  I am finding all sorts of software glitches with a variety of companies -- taking hours to correct.  Software reliability ain't what it used to be.  More and more stuff that can go wrong.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, staywell! Very helpful.

0 Kudos