Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desi
Level 7

Can’t sign in Apple TV APP on Roku 3 4200x!

Going crazy trying to get Apple TV app to work...works on Roku TV, but won’t work on my Roku 3 4200x...grinding my teeth at this point.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t sign in Apple TV APP on Roku 3 4200x!

Yes its supposed to work on that model but is it's software up to date? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Desi
Level 7

I updated it, so that’s up to date. I cleared the Cache, and don’t have a sd card.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Maybe in subsequent updates Apple moved the goalposts and no longer work on this old roku, it was the oldest roku it was supposed to work with. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Desi 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Oakleaves2021
Level 7

I have the same issue on my Roku 3 and I did all of that (removed the channel, updated, restarted, added the channel back on) still didn’t work.  And I can *see* the line up of shows that I was just watching on my iPad!!  Just whenever I click on the show, it says video not available.  And Ihave super fast internet.  Need help please.

0 Kudos
Desi
Level 7

I’ve decided to stop worrying about it. If I want to watch it, I’ll just mirror it from my IPad. I guess Roku got rid of Spectrum App too, so may be time for new streaming service.

0 Kudos
Oakleaves2021
Level 7

Thank you, how do you mirror from your iPad to the Roku 3 4200X?  I haven't been able to other than pictures or videos on my ipad. 

0 Kudos
Desi
Level 7

I have done it on my Roku TV, haven’t tried on my individual players yet. I’ll let you know!

0 Kudos
Bufanu
Level 7

I wish someone from Roku would answer this.  I have the same problem.

Yes, I've reset Roku and reinstalled the channel.  

0 Kudos