Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richardurtz
Level 7

Can’t run channel

I keep getting the message “‘x channel’ could not be run because there is not enough space. Please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again.”

I have been getting this for two days and have removed a lot of channels. I have never gotten it before and only have 25 channels

9 Replies
Deb930
Level 7

Re: Can’t run channel

I’m having the same issue on one of my tv’s. I’ve also noticed that when I pause a show and come back a short time later, the screensaver is on and when I hit play, it starts loading a different channel. I think some channels have been added too. Wondering if it has been hacked?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

@Richardurtz 

A lot of people seem to be getting this message lately.  I assume you've tried to reboot/restart?  You can also try to "clear the cache" - on your Roku remote press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and Fast Forward (>>) twice.  Your Roku should restart on its own.  It may or may not help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

@Deb930 wrote:

I’m having the same issue on one of my tv’s. I’ve also noticed that when I pause a show and come back a short time later, the screensaver is on and when I hit play, it starts loading a different channel. I think some channels have been added too. Wondering if it has been hacked?

Never press Play when the screensaver is active - you never know what Roku will foist upon you.  Always use some other button.  Once the screensaver is gone then you can press Play.  By the way, this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

0 Kudos
FrustratedUser3
Level 7

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?  I can't run any of the apps.  As with other folks, I did not add any new apps.  I've tried a laundry list of proposed solutions including a restart, reset to factory settings, clear the cash, delete and re-add apps, manually update the Roku... none of it works.  The Roku Channel itself won't even load.  They all display the same bogus message:  "Can't run channel.  The xxx Channel could not run because there is not enough space.  Please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again.  To remove a channel, focus the channel, press *, and then select Remove channel."  If it is a legit message then Roku folks need to post what SPECIFIC app had an update that is eating up all, and I do mean all, the space.  

Anyone find a phone number for Roku tech support?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

It seems that often Youtube and/or Youtube TV are involved, but that's just an observation from reading so many posts.  If you're using either or both of them, remove them and see if the problem still occurs.  Not a solution, but it would be a valuable piece of information.

Stop searching for a phone number.  There is no phone support from Roku.  Your search will only lead to scammers.

0 Kudos
Ryates68
Level 7

I'm having the same issue and I see no one has a solution.  I'm wondering if buying a new Roku would help?  I tried the clearing the cache suggestion by someone but that isn't working for me.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

@Ryates68 wrote:

I'm having the same issue and I see no one has a solution.  I'm wondering if buying a new Roku would help?  I tried the clearing the cache suggestion by someone but that isn't working for me.  

Not enough info to make a recommendation. Which app? Which Roku do you have (include model number)?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Ryates68
Level 7

@DBDukes model 3900x. YouTube,  Appletv and Amazon Prime. All were working fine, then were unable to load due to memory.  Actually Amazon Prime locks my device up and I have to reboot it. I was watching one day, the next it wouldn't load all the way.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

@Ryates68 wrote:

@DBDukes model 3900x. YouTube,  Appletv and Amazon Prime. All were working fine, then were unable to load due to memory.  Actually Amazon Prime locks my device up and I have to reboot it. I was watching one day, the next it wouldn't load all the way.

That device should run all of those apps without issue. :While it's true the model 3900 was released in 2017 (nearly 4 years ago), it's still good enough to do that. However, since it's not working properly, let's try a couple of things.

Try removing the apps. Go ahead and remove all three of those apps. 

Reboot the Roku. If you have more than one Roku (regardless of whether or not you have the issue on it) reboot all of them. This will ensure a couple of things. First, that the app is removed from the offending device. Next, it will ensure that the single sign on process is cleared. The single sign on probably isn't part of the problem, but let's go ahead and make sure.

Next, add one of the apps back to the offending device. Log in and see what happens.

If all is well, add the other apps back. If you are still running into a problem, try clearing the cache on the device.

Do all these steps one right after the other. Don't let several seconds go by at any time. This is all one process.

• Press the Home buttons 5 times.
  • Press the Up button once.
  • Press the Rewind button 2 times.
  • Press Fast Forward 2 times.

The device may restart. It's okay if it does.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos