Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Norris
Level 7

Can't remove FilmOn channel

When I try to remove the (private) FilmOn channel from my Roku channel list, I get a message that it can't be removed "at this time" and that I should try again later.

Thinking that re-adding FilmOn to the account might allow me to delete it, I went to the appropriate page at roku.com, logged on, and tried to add the channel. At that point I received a message from Roku:

"Your account is blocked from installing non-certified channels because a non-certified channel that you previously installed was removed by Roku for copyright violation or other violations of Roku's terms and conditions."

Well, that's unhelpful. I can find no way to contact Roku's customer support (if such a thing even really exists). It appears that because I installed FilmOn on my Roku account, and Roku removed FilmOn, now I'm stuck with this channel in my listing. And it seems there's no way to get off Roku's sh*t list.

I'd appreciate any clue about how I might succeed at getting rid of this channel.
0 Kudos