Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PsiBolt
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't log out of HBO Max to log into new HBO Max account

I have a similar problem.

I had HBO Max on Hulu, upgraded my Internet on AT&T & got HBO max free for a year.

So I cancelled my Hulu HBO and tried to change it to AT&T.

Since I didn't get a login prompt, I just put in my AT&T login & password.

This made Roku create another new account and charge me for it! 😞

Now I am being charged for w Roku accounts for about the next month (Hulu & Roku cancelled) and still have no idea how to get the Roku Ultra to log out of HBOMax and let me change the logon to be thru AT&T.

This "Choose your Icon" then scroll right" does *nothing* when I'm logged into HBOMax via the Roku Ultra.

How the heck can I change the account for Roku Ultra that HBOMax uses.

This is *not* easy and will have a lot of angry users creating new accounts in Roku that they don't need.

0 Kudos
PsiBolt
Binge Watcher

HBO Max Tech Support 1-855-442-6629.

Albert walked me thru step-by-step.

They are aware of this issue and am getting tons of calls.

1. Logon to HBOMax App on your TV (I use a Roku Ultra)

2. At top where it shows Browse, Q, then your initial, toggle to your initial till it shows something to the right of it (like your name).

3. Click OK

4. On Parental controls scroll using the > to far right & choose signout.

It will also show you what email is signed in below it.

It then told me it found a Roku Account to sign into it.

The Roku Account had been cancelled, but he told me to choose sign in anyway.

(I also removed my credit card from ROKU.com just to be sure that it wouldn't set up a different account)

It then asked me if I signed up thru a provider and I picked AT&T, it then displayed a code & asked me to go the HBOMax.com/TVsignin and put the code there.

This worked for me changing a paid account from HULU (that I cancelled) to the AT&T free one that I just got for 12 months due to Internet 1000 upgrade.

Hope this helps.

If you have any problems call the HBO number at the top & they can walk you through it.

Mike in Texas

0 Kudos
Madlenka8
Binge Watcher

@PsiBolt the problem i continue to have is that I have #HBOMax thru my #ATT TVNow account (ATT’s app based tv). I get past the enter the code step and there is no provider login option to choose except #AT&T. I have an AT&T account for internet and my phone but my ATT TV Now account is paid separately to AT&T. Neither #HBOMax #Roku nor #AT&T have fixed this or even bothered to address it. So the HBOMax app is useless on my Roku TVs. 

0 Kudos
pwadzinski

I have no solution. I have the same problem, only with Roku/Hulu. I had an old HBO account thru Roku that expired years ago. I signed up with HBO Max a couple of days ago through Hulu (two different email addresses!), and found the problem. I even went to my Roku account and changed the email address to match the HBO Max/Hulu accounts, and that got my iPad and laptop working okay, but my TV will only show the basic HBO (whatever that is), and asks me for an account plan if I try and watch the good stuff. In checking, even though I changed the email address online, it still comes up with the old one on the TV when I look at Settings on the Roku account. It's never updated, is what I'm guessing, even though it SAYS you can change that online, and I did. It doesn't "take."

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @pwadzinski,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried to remove the channel after logging out from the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos