Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harryomalley
Level 8

Re: Can't load Prime...bounces back to main menu

This Roku 2 was working flawlessly with Prime under a different account for years until this sudden problem.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Harryomalley" wrote:
This Roku 2 was working flawlessly with Prime under a different account for years until this sudden problem.

Which Roku 2? Provide the model number.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Harryomalley
Level 8

4210X1
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Harryomalley" wrote:
4210X1

The Roku 2 model 4210 is a great device. It should run the app without issue. Mine does.

When you removed the app, did you reboot the Roku before you reinstalled the app? If not, you didn't clear out any stray or corrupt data about the app. The proper procedure is 1) remote the app, 2) reboot the Roku, 3) reinstall the app.

Sure, it can be a pain to authenticate some apps, but Prime video is easy. Log in to your Amazon account and authenticate the Roku at https://amazon.com/mytv as the instructions on the screen say. My Roku 2 model 4210 has performed flawlessly for years. Yours should too.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Harryomalley
Level 8

Yes, re-powered after the app removal and every time thereafter when further 'testing' with Amazon India.
Because it only took 'the supervisor' 30 seconds to fix the problem with his 'special' whatever I think I was just the tech support joke of the night.
Like I say, they don't need me and I don't need them.
0 Kudos
Spicecat3
Level 7

I am having this same problem.  I click on Amazon Prime it goes to load it then bounces back to the main menu.  I know that amazon prime video works, because it works on my other tv.  I have the Roku ultra and it is less then 6 months old.  I tried the disconnect reconnect and that did not work.  I tried system restart,  I have checked and it does not need an update.  I see where Others say to delete the program and restart.   I can’t figure out how to delete a program.  It was preloaded on the main menu.  I have not had to add any programs.  
 Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Level 8

"Spicecat3" wrote:
I am having this same problem.  I click on Amazon Prime it goes to load it then bounces back to the main menu.  I know that amazon prime video works, because it works on my other tv.  I have the Roku ultra and it is less then 6 months old.  I tried the disconnect reconnect and that did not work.  I tried system restart,  I have checked and it does not need an update.  I see where Others say to delete the program and restart.   I can’t figure out how to delete a program.  It was preloaded on the main menu.  I have not had to add any programs.  
 Any suggestions?

Press the Home button on your Roku remote. Use the arrow buttons to go to the Prime Video where it is, and while it is highlighted in the white square lines, press the star * button on your remote, then use the down arrow button on your remote to highlight "Remove Channel", then press the "OK" button on your remote. Then you need to restart your Roku by either unplugging the power to it, then wait 30 seconds and then plug it back in, or go to Settings > System > System Restart > Press OK on Roku remote. After it restarts, go to Streaming Channels then hit OK button on remote, then use down button to highlight in white "4K UHD Content Available" and you'll see the Prime Video app. Go over to the Prime Video app to highlight it, then press OK button on remote and you should see the option to install it - Choose that and press OK on your remote.
Spicecat3
Level 7

Thank you.  That worked.  
0 Kudos
Tonya_G
Level 8

"Spicecat3" wrote:
Thank you.  That worked.  

Your welcome!!!
0 Kudos
arcins
Level 7

It works until it happens again. I've had to go through this process several times since buying my Roku tv. It doesn't happen on my other tv that has the simple Roku stick. Roku should fix this issue as it is a huge inconvenience to go through this process when you have friends over to watch a movie.

0 Kudos