Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsdlover13
Level 7

Can't load Prime...bounces back to main menu

I can watch Netflix no problem but when I click on the Prime icon I see, for a few moments, the prime video main screen but then I get bounced back to the Roku main screen.  It's been doing this for a couple days.  Roku is up to date.  Any suggestions?

ETA: It's a Roku 3 and I've now deregistered Roku via Amazon and can't get to the Prime page to reregister
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Can't load Prime...bounces back to main menu

Remove the app.

Reboot the Roku.

Reinstall the app.

You should be able to register it now.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
canaws
Level 7

I'm also having the same problem on my Roku 3. I tried checking for an update, rebooting, uninstalling & reinstalling the channel. No dice. 
Roku 3 (4230X) / 42" Sharp LED 1080p HDTV / RadioShack Amplified Indoor Antenna
Roku SE (2710X) / 25" Sharp SDTV / GE Indoor Antenna
ATT Uverse 18.0 Mbps / Motorola NVG589 Gateway
0 Kudos
gsdlover13
Level 7

yeah, tried all that.  Didn't work.
0 Kudos
gsdlover13
Level 7

removing and then adding the channel worked.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
azulaco
Level 7

I am having same issues as @canaws...reinstalling Prime, etc. did not fix this problem for me. Any further advice? Does Roku have a patch for this? It seems to be a common problem. Very annoying. Considering switching to Fire stick if Roku can’t fix this.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"azulaco" wrote:
I am having same issues as @canaws...reinstalling Prime, etc. did not fix this problem for me. Any further advice? Does Roku have a patch for this? It seems to be a common problem. Very annoying. Considering switching to Fire stick if Roku can’t fix this.

Did you reboot the Roku after removing Prime, but before reinstalling? If not, your uninstall was incomplete and any issues would not have been removed. And by reboot I mean pulling the power plug for 30 seconds. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
canaws
Level 7

I got it to work with the uninstall-restart-reinstall advice. 
Roku 3 (4230X) / 42" Sharp LED 1080p HDTV / RadioShack Amplified Indoor Antenna
Roku SE (2710X) / 25" Sharp SDTV / GE Indoor Antenna
ATT Uverse 18.0 Mbps / Motorola NVG589 Gateway
0 Kudos
Harryomalley
Level 8

Same issue only worse....
Registered a Roku 2 on Prime 3 days ago, onscreen registration went fine with the usual error of "verification fail... so go to your computer so we can get even more info from you". 
Next day the problem starts with the bounce back to main screen with no warning and no access to prime. Solution 1, re-register, which is a pain with that onscreen keyboard and the severe non-linear lag time of the Roku 2 remote sensing. Everything works fine with the re-register until the Roku goes to sleep from inactivity and then the same problem appears. Searching on the net I found this forum and followed the uninstall-reinstall-re-register method and performed that. Again, worked until Roku went to sleep.
Solution 2, the horror begins. I start a chat session with Prime Video and 45 minutes later with no solution except to keep doing what I've already done, now 3 times, I ask for someone who can fix this problem. Telephone rings and it's Shanilaniraspukaicenturia from Prime to solve my problem. Again 45 more minutes doing the same insanity 2 more times and no solution. I forgot to mention that my device is not showing up on my amazon account as registered but they say it is. 
Solution 3, again I ask for someone with more skills to solve the problem and I get "the Supervisor". He tries to make me do all this insane no result crap again and I refuse and ask him the same question I've been asking all night, " If he can see my registered device then why isn't it working?". He then says he'll do something about allowing the device on Prime in some special way (very hard to understand their language) and 'Presto' device now works and I can see it registered on my account.
Over 2 hours of absolute insanity for something that was fixed in 30 seconds. 
Final solution, needless to say we sat down today and figured out just how much we really need the big A and decided to cancel it at renewal time. 
atc98092
Level 13

@Harryomalley[/url:28t30h1b], there are multiple models of Roku with a 2 in the name, but they're all...
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos