Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scolli23
Streaming Star

Re: Can't live stream Foxnews

Jump to solution

Deleted. Found the problemSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Dpallman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently from my Google search Roku dropped Fox as their contract was due to expire January 2020. So this is BS uninstall and install.

0 Kudos
Bobbyclown

Jump to solution

I watched Fox News all day via Roku, can get Fox News on my computer, now today I am in a perpetual commercial break, we'll be right back?  I have deleted the app, I restarted my roku and reinstalled the app, same issue.  Can't find any solution, not sure why I was fine yesterday and this **bleep** today

0 Kudos
Blaze1

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled, restarted the roku and then reinstalled the app many times over but still no luck. The live version on screen shows a pad lock on it and it you move the cursor to any other menu item is drops out of the app.  Either Roku or Fox News must have a solution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Blaze1

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RobStu

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on my Roku 5 series, the only workaround I’ve found that works reliably is to use my iPhone or iPad to stream Fox News and then use AirPlay to view on my Roku. Works every time. 

0 Kudos
Nikohelle

Jump to solution

Same problem..unable live stream FoxNews on Roku..screen goes black.

Other channels r fine...any ideas?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Nikohelle 

Reinstall FoxNews:

1) Remove the FN app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the FN app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
Scolli23
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

i had same issue until i logged out of and back into cable company provider, page.

0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't understand I pay for Comcast Internet they are my provider but they won't allow me to stream Fox News on my roku streaming device what's the deal.

0 Kudos