Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iengineer2
Reel Rookie

Can't live stream Foxnews

Jump to solution

Since 4/23/20, I am unable to live stream Foxnews.  I was told at that time I would have to log into my provider, which I did, in order to live stream however nothing has worked.  I log into my provider, it goes through its routine.  Says we are good then goes to the "Retrieve" screen and just sits there with no progress on the "Retrieve" progress bar.  Whats up with that?  I see others had the same problem but no one is able to respond within Roku.  No support on this?  I also removed and re-added the channel and still nothing. Same result.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't live stream Foxnews

Jump to solution

@iengineer2 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Fox News directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Fox News channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.foxnews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
When removing/adding, did you restart your Roku before re-adding? This assures all vestiges of ther former installation are purged from memory. May not help, but makes sure the new installation is whole.

But recognize that it is Fox that wrote the app and controls who gets to see what. All Roku does is provide the platform on which the Fox channel can run. For problems you really need to be contacting Fox.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
iengineer2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes.  thank you for the response.  I did the restart as noted and it did not help. I also submitted a help question on this to Foxnews.  No response.  I see from the responses I am not the only one having this issue.  So this should be looked into what we are doing wrong.  I was going to add more Roku sticks but now I am not so sure.  As you note it may very well be Fox's issue however Roku is where my issue is encountered and they should help.  However I appreciate you quick response and suggestion.  Thank you again.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@iengineer2 

Thanks for the update.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Fox News directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Fox News channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.foxnews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pak5000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've done everything exactly as you described.  On my computer, it says success!  Then when you try to watch, it says locked, you get ten minutes.  This doesn't happen on any other channel.  It seems like a bias against Foxnews watchers.  I went down the checklist, one by one.  I have a Roku TV, and it's been perfect in every other way.  So I don't get it.  Especially with so many others having the same issue.  It seems to me that Roku should reach out to Foxnews.  I really do expect professional help here.  You have to sign in five times just to watch one news show.  To me, someone with personal bias is laughing somewhere.  

The_QV
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can't get it either and my main provider Spectrum offers two CNN channels but no Fox. It makes me sick to watch it. My first email to Fox was responded to as if I didn't even write to them with a complain. All I know to do is keep complaining.

pak5000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is still the same, no matter what you do, it doesn't work

0 Kudos
pak5000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, quit giving me this hard time.  It still doesn't work no matter what I do

0 Kudos
pak5000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine still doesn't work, this is really terrible.  Is it on purpose? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Provider (my ISP)  is not on the list therefore I cannot get the channel either. I believe that ROKU is aware of this and feels no obligation to  pressure  Fox to open up the app so all domestic ISPs  can access the app....thru streaming internet. Yet it is FOX app that should not require a password linked to an ISP in order to stream. Not a wise business decision on FOX's part. as my ISP does not care about the issue either!!!  Too Bad really

the

Dingo

0 Kudos