Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigSteph
Level 7

Can't get new Spectrum Service to work on Roku?

I moved to Florida and just started my Spectrum Service.   Bought a Streambar to watch Spectrum TV streaming and can't get app?

I had the same problem with Youtube TV on Roku in Virginia.

Man, if I can't get Spectrum, what is available on ROKU?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get new Spectrum Service to work on Roku?

@BigSteph wrote:

I moved to Florida and just started my Spectrum Service.   Bought a Streambar to watch Spectrum TV streaming and can't get app?

Spectrum app has not been available for new installations for quite some time.

@BigSteph wrote:

There is no expectation that the dispute with Google about YouTube TV will resolve soon, but you never know.

@BigSteph wrote:

If you want cable you can watch through Roku, you'd need to see what else is available in your area. If you're wanting a cable replacement/alternative, then there are several services, including live streaming services available here: https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/cable-alternative

You seem to be a newer streamer, and not a cord cutter, since you subscribe to cable for TV and not just for Internet service. And, of course, if that's what you want, then that's the way for you to go. But, many of us old school cord cutters don't need paid live streaming services.

Some of us get local channels via antenna. Some of us add Tablo, Air TV or something similar to the network to watch antenna on multiple Roku devices.

Some use Locast for local channels. You didn't say where in Florida, but Locast is available in Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach, and Miami areas.

If you want live local channels via streaming and antenna or Locast aren't available or feasible, you may want to use https://suppose.tv to find a streaming service that carries what you want. Enter your ZIP Code in the top left and your streaming device(s) in the top right, and then select the channels you want.

There are many options available for streamers, including cord cutting of which I am a long-time proponenet. However, I'm only listing that option so you are aware of the option. You should, of course, use whatever TV method suits you.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get new Spectrum Service to work on Roku?

@BigSteph wrote:

As @DBDukes stated, the Spectrum TV app hasn't been available for new users since mid-December of last year (7 months ago).

You can use the regular YT app to access YT TV on Roku devices:  Just open the YT app, and select "YouTube TV" in the lower left corner of the UI.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos