Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can’t get certain HGTV episodes

Jump to solution

All of a sudden, like this morning, I select HGTV and when I get to a certain show and click on it and it brings up episodes there are RED keys on some episodes and you can’t watch them. It says something like “this episode can be seen”. Oh heck, cNt remember what it said but couldn’t wAtch and those episode had a RED key on the screen. Anybody else have this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t get certain HGTV episodes

Jump to solution

@zetuskid 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Usually a key on an episode means that you will need sign in with your cable or TV subscription to watch the content.

Have you signed into the HGTV channel with your TV subscription?

For more information about that channel's functionality and authentication, you'll want to contact HGTV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HGTV support here: https://hgtv.custhelp.com/app/ask

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@zetuskid 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Usually a key on an episode means that you will need sign in with your cable or TV subscription to watch the content.

Have you signed into the HGTV channel with your TV subscription?

For more information about that channel's functionality and authentication, you'll want to contact HGTV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I Pay for  ATT U-VERSE , U300 package with 4 premium /movie channels. I get all the movies. On the  HGTV, Travel, Food Network and TLC channels, which I`m signed into, about 70% of the shows on these channels are "Red Keyed" ATT support couldn`t help. Hopefully you can.

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@DrGumbo 

Thanks for the note.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact HGTV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos