Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't get NBC to work at all

NBC won't let me watch any shows through ROKU but I can watch them free on the computer. What gives? And I can't even find a place to pay for the service - it just asks me for a TV provider and Sling isn't one of the options.  What in the world!!

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't get NBC to work at all

@kb6 

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Please be aware that some channels require a TV or cable subscription to watch content on their channels. For more information about what services can be used to authenticate that channel, we recommend reaching out to NBC support here: https://www.nbc.com/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Can't get NBC to work at all

@kb6 Are you able to get into the channel?  On Roku it looks like content that requires authentication will have a key at the top corner.  If it doesn't then it's free to watch without authenticating.  Regarding TV providers, it's strange that SlingTV would not be one.  I know I had to use the search at the bottom as my FuboTv is not shown at the top.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos