Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can't get MotorTrend app to open

Jump to solution

No matter what I try, I cannot open the MotorTrend app. I have several TV with different types of Rokus and none of them will open the app. I have deleted the app, powered off the Roku, reinstalled the app and it just will not open. I am able to open it on an Amazon TV or on my PC with a browser, but not on any Roku. Very frustrating. Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 8

Re: Can't get MotorTrend app to open

Jump to solution

Miracles do happen. I checked this afternoon and all is well. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 8

Jump to solution

BTW, this only happened in the last few days. Before that, I have used it for a year without issues on several devices.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Garytv 

Thanks for the note.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to MotorTrend directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the MotorTrend channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.motortrendondemand.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem. It is the second time the problem has happened. Always after ROKU does an update on a Holiday weekend, this time on July 4th.  Motortrend plays just fine on my PC and table, just NOT on ROKU.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. 

Level 15

Jump to solution

Add me, too. Two different devices (Roku 4, Roku Express). Subscription is direct from MT, not through Roku.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same problem here. Started on July 4th 2020 (yesterday)

Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah Motortrend not working here, any advice on how to fix?

Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem done itfit a couple days opens and go right back to home screen

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've sent a problem report to Motortrend, they did all the usual reset this, delete that. Now im being told they sent my case to a supervisor. Glad this just isn't me, things should get fixed quicker perhaps

0 Kudos