Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jgoshert
Level 7

Can't get Hulu, Amazon, HBO

Just moved to new apartment with Insignia Roku TV. Quickly able to add Netflix and Youtube, but for some reason can't find HBO, Amazon, or Hulu. Tv and app does not offer search function for channels. Website says no chanels found. Google search and get link for those channels on roku website, but when i go to them it says no results were found. Did factory reset too, but no luck. Help, my toddler demands her shows.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Can't get Hulu, Amazon, HBO

Assuming your move remains within the same country, but which country is that? Did you have any of those channels before the move?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jgoshert
Level 7

Yes we are inUS and moved four blocks. It is so strange, as no e of these popular channels are listed under the roku's popular channel list. Nor do they come up when searched for online.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

OK, thanks for that. But did you have any of them installed before the move? Just need to know.
Those channels are of course available in the US. I don't use HBO or Hulu, but I know they're there. I do use Amazon almost daily. If you go to my.roku.com, log into your account, and click on "See what's on" on the top of the page, you can search for channels there. When I searched for HBO, both HBO Go and HBO Now appeared. For Amazon, you might need to search for Prime Video. When I searched for Amazon only their music channel appeared, but the video channel was there under Prime Video. Searching for Hulu also returned it no problem. You can add any of them from the web page, then go to your Roku and do a manual update and they will be installed. 
Make sure you don't already have Amazon, because like I said they don't label it Amazon anymore. Now the icon just says Prime Video. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jgoshert
Level 7

Yep we had them on the previous tv yesterday. It is a new tv, but same roku account. Went to "see what us on" and prime was there. Clicked "add channel" and got a page that said "Your search did not return any channels."
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

With the same account, the same channels should have all automatically installed when you registered the new TV. But, they won't install in the same place as they were located on the original TV. Make sure you've checked all of the installed channels. I just moved my Roku 4 to my daughter's account, and did a factory reset first. When it installed the channels from her account, I noticed it installed by default a bunch that she didn't have or need, and they pushed the ones she wanted further down the page..

There's one other way on the web site to view and add channels. Same site as before (my.roku.com). When you're logged into your account, there's a round silhouette icon in the upper right corner that accesses your account info. Hover your mouse over the icon and select Channel Store from the menu that appears. That shows a list of channels you can install, and others that you have already installed. Find Prime Video there and see if it shows installed. If not, install it. If it shows installed, you might be overlooking the icon on the TV. 
Oh, one other thing. If you are having issues with their web site, try a different browser. I've heard of people having trouble with one but it worked with a different one.
Dan
0 Kudos
Jgoshert
Level 7

Roku support sorted it out. Turns out my account was labeled as non-US so just had to deactivate account then reset it up.
0 Kudos