Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can’t get English CC on Prime Video through Roku

Jump to solution

I have a zillion Subtitle options On Prime for “The Boys” but for whatever reason I can’t change it from who knows what language to English.

it works fine on my phone through the Prime app and shows up in English. But whenever I turn on the CC on the prime app, I can’t switch it to English. I know a number of languages but of course it has to be the one I’m not fluent in! Please assist.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can’t get English CC on Prime Video through Roku

Jump to solution

@Poptwinkles @OliverevilO 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.primevideo.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Wrong language captions on some Amazon shows

Jump to solution

The Boys Season 2 and before that Season 1 both times has had two catastrophic problems. 1) my caption language preference setting for English is ignored and instead I am provided Malay or Indonesian, and 2) extensive periods of critical dialogue in languages other than English occur with no subtitles by default, leaving me with Malay/Indonesian captions, which I can recognize but not understand, as my only translation, I am sure this is a violation of the American Disabilities Act, not to mention responsibility to customers, and it has been going on far too long. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Poptwinkles @OliverevilO 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.primevideo.com/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think that the common denominator here is Roku, not Amazon prime as everyone has noted, they can watch it with English CC everywhere but when using the Roku... Roku is the issue. Please research this further so that can provide resolution for the people who use Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

From Amazon's Help page:

Roku devices do not support subtitle presets - those should be edited on the Settings menu on your Roku device. 

Every CC setting I have is set to English, and this problem only happens on "The Boys" with my Roku TV.  I have watched with my iPad; English CC displays for the same episode I was watching on Roku.  Other shows with Prime Video watched on Roku display English CC.

0 Kudos