Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EhudG2000

Can't get Disney+ content (only) in Israel

Hi,

I did just that.  I own 2 old roku devices,  and i just bought 2 new ones,  but here,  in Israel,  i cannot get content from Disney+, which is my main service provider (I managed to login alright,  but when I try to view any content,  it says it is not available in my region,  even though it is).  
Tech support in Disney Israel were absolutely useless,  as if they don't know what roku is. They kept saying i should look for the roku channel application on the a Israeli store,  but there is no such thing. They kept giving me instructions on how to use the setup page of my application,  but it wasn't the,  and it definitely wasn't the roku setup.  When i asked them if they know what a roku device is,  they asked me if there will be something else i would be needing today,  and sent me a satisfaction survey...

Please help.  I feel like I'm slipping between the seats here...

Thanks, 
Ehud Goren

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get Disney+ content (only) in Israel

@EhudG2000

Roku is only sold and supported in 17 regions. Yours is not one of them.

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • United Kingdom
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

That's it. Roku device cannot be purchased through official channels anywhere else.

As for app availability, Roku leaves that up to the developer. Netflix, for instance, is available in your area. That's because Netflix decided to support a Roku app there. Disney+ is not. That's because Disney decided to not support a Roku app there. If Disney makes it available, it will appear in the Channel Store there. But it's Disney's decision.

By the way, you'll find most services do like Disney, not like Netflix. Most will not support an app where the device itself is not supported.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."