Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdmorg1041

Can’t find sportsnet now or TSN Canada to stream

Jump to solution

How cold roku does not have sportsnet or TSN streaming channels ? I may have to return my devices if I can’t get these 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t find sportsnet now or TSN Canada to stream

Jump to solution

Hi @Jdmorg1041,

Thanks for the inquiry about TSN and Sportsnet not available on the Roku Canada platform.

Please be noted that channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact TSN support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jdmorg1041,

Thanks for the inquiry about TSN and Sportsnet not available on the Roku Canada platform.

Please be noted that channels are developed by each service provider themselves. You'll want to contact TSN support to see if they have any plans to develop and offer a channel for their service on the Roku platform. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku channel apps are developed and provided by the channels themselves.  The channels decide which platforms they are going to write apps for.

TSN FAQ re devices they support makes no mention of Roku as of Mar 30, 2021:

Which devices and platforms does TSN support?

Whether you subscribe to TSN through a participating TV service provider or through TSN Direct, TSN supports the following:

• iPad, iPod and iPhone running iOS 9.0+ with AirPlay
  • Android tablets and smartphones running version 4.0+
  • Windows desktop, tablets and smartphones running version 8.1
  • IE 11+ (Must be on a Windows 8.1+ computer)
  • Chrome 58+
  • Firefox 52+
  • Edge 14+
  • Safari Mac 10.6+
  • Samsung SmartTV and blu-ray players with Samsung Smart Hub:  2014 – 2018
  • Xbox One
  • Apple TV 4+, OS version 9.0+

With more to come soon!

SPORTSNET, as far as I can tell, is a cable-type channel. Their Sportsnet Now app permits you to view Sportsnet content on computers, which I assume also includes web browsers on mobile devices, and is available at no charge if you have a paid provider subscription that carries Sportsnet.  It can also be subscribed to directly if you have no such provider subscription. I've not found any mention on the Sportsnet Now page indicating they have made apps for streaming devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Jump to solution

Sportsnet has an app for Firestick, there's no TSN for firestick (though you can side-load a mobile app if you're adventurous and ok with a janky user experience as a result)  It seems like neither of the providers is all that interested in potential streaming revenue, which is a shame in 2021.  Probably has something to do with the fact that both Bell and Rogers are traditional cable TV providers, and they don't want to eat into their cable bottom line.

Seems anti-competitive somehow, not sure how the CRTC let this situation happen.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Let’s face it, the execs at these two bloated monopolies ( Rogers and Bell) are just stupid. Rogers is spending millions to run ads against pirated sports streams yet they are forcing the habit. Cut the cord anyway and let them pay for their lack of intelligence. 

0 Kudos
MattyMcFly

Jump to solution

So most new Roku devices have Apple AirPlay built in.  I was able to Airplay my Sportsnet Now to my Roku TV with my iPhone.  Haven't tried TSN yet.  But I can confirm, Sportsnet Now works on Roku with Apple Airplay.  A Mac or iPad can also stream to Roku with AirPlay.

0 Kudos
Jordo77

Jump to solution

Yeah it’s annoying not having TSN or Sportsnet on my Roku. But Ive had the most basic Roku the express for yrs and just recently it updated and now I can stream sportsnet now & Tsn direct from my phone or iPad to my Roku. Very simple & is excellent quality 

@MattyMcFly wrote:

So most new Roku devices have Apple AirPlay built in.  I was able to Airplay my Sportsnet Now to my Roku TV with my iPhone.  Haven't tried TSN yet.  But I can confirm, Sportsnet Now works on Roku with Apple Airplay.  A Mac or iPad can also stream to Roku with AirPlay.

0 Kudos
SCSIGATE

Jump to solution

The year is 2022 and a new NHL season is upon us. NHL Live subscribers were pushed to Sportsnet Now and yet Sportsnet haven't sorted their **bleep** out to support NHL games on a streaming device. Hey Rogers, got an easy solution for your developers, copy NHL Live app, re-brand and paste!