Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't find "latest news" on my home screen menu anymore.

Jump to solution

Have a streaming stick+ and it came with "latest news" as a category on the home screen. It has disappeared now and I didn't intentionally delete it. Is there a way to get it back? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Can't find "latest news" on my home screen menu anymore.

Jump to solution

I just checked the Roku TV next to me, and it isn't shown there either. I checked the Settings/Home Screen menu, and there's no setting to turn it on/off. Looks like Roku removed it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

I just checked the Roku TV next to me, and it isn't shown there either. I checked the Settings/Home Screen menu, and there's no setting to turn it on/off. Looks like Roku removed it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for checking. I had my news channels aggregated there, so this is rather annoying. I think the ability to cluster channels on the menu would be a useful option, and not just for news. Removing features does not seem like an upgrade to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"Latest News" MIssing from the main menu

Jump to solution

I usually would check this section everyday and noticed this year how news channel got rearanged but then today the whole section is gone. Whats happening? I also noticed people posting about this two years ago. Does this mean i was one of the last people who where still ab;le to use that section or what? Because the channels where all working and now i cant even seem to find tyt individually as a channel in the roku store.

0 Kudos