Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't find YouTube TV on my stick

Jump to solution

I found the YouTube TV channel on my Roku 4, but it does NOT show up when I search for it on my stick (3500 series).

??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Can't find YouTube TV on my stick

Jump to solution

I'm told the 3500 does NOT work with YouTube TV.  Only these models:

all Roku TVs, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick (3800x, 3600x), Roku Express/Express+ (3910x, 3900x, 3710x, 3700x), Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), Roku 2 (4210x).

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem on my 3500x.

I hope someone can help figure this out.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Ok, unfortunately I found the supported devices page on YouTubeTV website that states that the 3500 is not supported ☹️ my other 3600x DOES work fine for it.
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm told the 3500 does NOT work with YouTube TV.  Only these models:

all Roku TVs, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick (3800x, 3600x), Roku Express/Express+ (3910x, 3900x, 3710x, 3700x), Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), Roku 2 (4210x).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why only certain devices?  Makes no sense given the older devices can support other apps/channels.  Why not make it available for all Roku owners?  Would love to hear the technical reason for Roku to block those of us that have had Roku’s for a longer period of time.  Why not reward the early purchasers? 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

You know the answer, don't you. Like Microsoft, they make their new software and operating systems to run on specific devices. If you don't have the latest processor, well, you are just out of luck. Need to go to Best Buy and get the latest and greatest. And don't forget to load up on RAM or they won't run even if you have the newest processor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a "Roku Stick", which is built into my "Roku TV" (JVC). They say it works on Roku Sticks and Roku TVs, but it doesn't always. In some postings, they give model numbers, and I guess my Roku Stick built into my Roku TV is model 3400, and that's not among those listed. Pain in the ass to track this down, and really disappointing that this is not supported.

Highlighted
Level 7

Youtubetv in roku2

Jump to solution

I installed the channel online in my account but it doesn’t show up in my channel screen.  I checked the other posts and there supported roku’s day Roku 2 is compatible witch youtube tv.  Why can’t I see the app on my home screen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same prob.- can't find YouTube TV listed despite following all directions (streaming channels, search, etc.) DK which Roku stick I have - it's the purple one. Even the new Disney Channel shows up, so why not YouTube TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Youtubetv in roku2

Jump to solution

@Marymp 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The reason why the channel is not showing up on your device is that the device is not supported by the channel provider. Please keep in mind that there are multiple devices that are named Roku 2, but only the 4210X model is supported by YouTube TV. 

According to the the YouTube TV help, the following devices support YouTube TV: All Roku TVs, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Streaming Stick (3800x, 3600x), Roku Express/Express+ (3910x, 3900x, 3710x, 3700x), Roku Premiere+, Roku Premiere, Roku 4, Roku 3 (4200x, 4230x), and Roku 2 (4210x).

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator