Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't find Globoplay on my Roku in Brazil

Jump to solution

I purchased my Roku in the US.  Now I am currently in Brazil, and I still can't find Globoplay channel. I know it is available, as Google finds it. However, whenever I log in, it does not show up anymore https://channelstore.roku.com/pt-br/details/564736/globoplay

My IP and DNS are from Brazil, and my payment method is from Brazil.
Also, I am really disappointed that Roku does not provide support for my device, a Roku Express.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't find Globoplay on my Roku in Brazil

Jump to solution

@marinasimoes 

Thanks for the posts.

As @atc98092 mentioned, it sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

If your Roku account was created while you were in the US, that would explain you not finding Brazil-specific channels now, even with you being there. You need to ensure your account is properly registered as being in Brazil, and I don't think there's any way to change an existing account. I believe you'd had to create a new account while you are there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Doesn't Roku think that it's a little obsolete having to create new accounts in every country you are? We live in a globalized world. People come and go.

21st century, folks. This is obnoxious!

Imagine if I visit 20 countries while working, I'll have to created 20 accounts???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

The problem for Roku is that each channel provider generally has geographical restrictions on where they are permitted to offer their products. To meet these provider needs, the end user has to prove they are located in a permitted location. Because of VPN usage, that isn't possible based solely on IP addresses. I completely understand your point, and it makes sense from a user standpoint. But I also understand the restrictions that Roku is required to work under.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@marinasimoes 

Thanks for the posts.

As @atc98092 mentioned, it sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos