Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chucklesp

Can't enter capital letters on Streaming Stick Plus

I recently switched to Spectrum, and installed the SpectrumTV app on my Roku Streaming Stick Plus. Spectrum REQUIRES a capital letter in a password, but when I got to the password entry dialog, the interface on the Stick+ shows nothing but a horizontal row of letters (also a space and and a backspace), plus 3 buttons that let me choose Numbers ("123"), Letters ("ABC") or Special Characters (!#$, or whatever). No provision for entering a capital letter. 

My other ROKU has a different interface for entering a string, with an Up/Lower Case button, so there's no problem with such a password restriction.

I contacted Spectrum, but (surprise!) they weren't willing to change their password restrictions for one customer. At first, I blamed Spectrum for the problem, thinkin that the alphanumeric entry interface was their issue, but when I used the other Roku to navigate to the same password entry dialog, and saw that the interface was peculiar to the device, I realized that Spectrum was only using whatever password entry interface supplied by the underlying Roku device.

Any suggestions? I would be astonished to learn there was no way to enter capital letters on the Stick+, and this may be cockpit error, but I could find NO way to switch to capitals on the Stick+.

22 REPLIES 22
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't enter capital letters on Streaming Stick Plus

Try pressing the * button on the remote.  I think that switches case.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
LLD

I also have the Streaming Stick +  and had the other one before.  The have the same issue, with not able to get a capital letter.   I hit the* button and it did not do anything to give me a Capital letter.

The * did not give me a Capital letter.

0 Kudos

I figured it out!!!! I too thought the same thing until I played with it. 
here’s how when you come to the letter that needs to be capitalized just simply hit the arrow up button and it will select the capital letter you need. If u notice the letter shown above each letter you stop on is capitalized. That is why just hit arrow up! I hope this helps everyone!! 

bersz

Hitting * did change letters to capital!

0 Kudos
medpharm
Reel Rookie

I have no arrow up button on the keypad using Roku streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
martinamar
Reel Rookie

Thank you!

0 Kudos
tmefoy
Reel Rookie

when I come to a letter I want capitalized and hit the up arrow, it simply moves to the letter above it (such as "f" to "r" instead of making a capital F).  Hitting the asterisk key has no effect, as well.

0 Kudos
tmefoy
Reel Rookie

ok, I got it now.  You mean use the up arrow on the TV screen, not the up arrow on the Roku stick.

0 Kudos
corbo

Had the same issue. Arrow up button worked!

0 Kudos