Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kanderson20
Reel Rookie

Fox News Channel free preview expired and forced repetitive login logins with my provider

I need to know why my Fox News channel app on all my roku apps (all 4 of them - 1 Roku TCL tv and the others are new roku sticks) keep disconnecting and showing free preview has expired.  I have to login to my dish account every 1-5 minutes over and over.  I am sick of this.  Is this a roku problem or fox issue?  We delete the app and do a complete system restart and reinstall app and login for it to work for either 1 minute or a couple of days.  This cycle must be fixed.  

Sppeder
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News Channel free preview expired and forced repetitive login logins with my provider

Me too!

thinkingindigit
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News Channel free preview expired and forced repetitive login logins with my provider

Same Here- Two TV's It works if I watch Older Recorded shows but Fox Live it loops back to preview has expired.

JBird
Reel Rookie

This started happening on all 3 of my Roku TV's yesterday.   I'm starting to think it's a deliberate attempt to keep people from watching Fox.  This is extremely annoying and makes Live Fox News impossible to watch!  Please give us a fix for this.  

Sppeder
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
JBird
Reel Rookie

I logged a ticket with Roku on this and they responded to me today.  They first recommended several things that I had already done like:  removing the channel, re-adding the channel, trying a different browser, rebooting my tv, try entering my provider info on a different device.   I had done all of these & used 3 different devices.   However, their final suggestion was to remove the history, cache, cookies on my browser.   This worked for me.  I cleared it in my browser & it is no longer giving me that awful message that my free trial has expired.

0 Kudos
Harbisgirl
Reel Rookie

We are still having this problem

What does clearing the cache on your browser have to do with your Roku/TV?

0 Kudos
JBird
Reel Rookie

The TV is on the same network as the device that you are logging into to enter your provider information.  If you have ever entered your login information for your provider in the past, it is still stored in your cache, history on that device.  Be it your smart phone, iPad, or laptop.  Clearing the cache, history, etc. removes that information and it is a clean, fresh login then.   If you don’t clear it, the old code given to you on the screen by Roku probably interferes with the new credentials that you’re trying to enter.  It’s a flaw in their process, but I did this twice yesterday, so that I could get 2 TV’s back onto the Fox Channels and it worked both times.    The other possibility if you don’t want to clear your cache, history, etc. would be to use a different internet device to login with that hasn’t been used for that in the past.  

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@JBird wrote:

If you have ever entered your login information for your provider in the past, it is still stored in your cache, history on that device.  Be it your smart phone, iPad, or laptop.  Clearing the cache, history, etc. removes that information and it is a clean, fresh login then.   

Thanks for explaining this.  I hadn't thought about that connection and was scratching my head over the clear your browser cache and history suggestion.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dmcdani

Re: Can’t connect to foxnews

I just set up new roku tv with a free trial for fox news.  immediately my trial expired the next day. new account with roku, new provider spectrum, entered access code at foxnews.com/connect, nothing.  what is next to do?

0 Kudos