Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bnporter

Can’t connect to foxnews

When I go to foxnews.com/connect to enter activation code, Roku tv provider is not on the list.  Therefore I can’t connect. 

please provide info as I understand from previous posts that Roku is a supporter app for Fox News.

betsy

50 REPLIES 50
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t connect to foxnews

Fox News Channel is free. You dont need a provider unless Im mistaken.

Just put in the activation code and the channel will activate.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Bnporter

That’s the problem! You have to choose Tv provider to put the code in! Roku is not listed! 

AdaBeta27
Streaming Star

FoxNews is a cable subscription channel.  If you don't have a cable or satellite provider, then you can't activate the channel.  It is not free, in other words.   https://www.rokuguide.com/channels/fox-news-channel

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bnporter 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that in the Fox News Channel, you will be able watch free highlights and livestreams, but will require a cable or satellite provider login for Live TV and full episodes.

For more information regarding what is required to watch content on the Fox News Channel, feel free to visit their Support page here: Do I need a cable subscription to watch FOX News Channel or FOX Business Network?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Accordionist13
Channel Surfer

Yes, you can watch what's going on the important news.  True, it is not as when I had Cable and watch Fox News every show from start to finish, but you can see everything that is going on.  However, here is the trick or "smart viewing":

Select to have Fox News App., It will open for the news going on at the moment.  Stay there; soon they will show another segment of something else that had been shown before; and they will keep going and you will be seeing the main issues and interviews that Tucker, Ingram, etc. have been talking about in their programs.  

You will notice that these segments are the same "posted" when you choose the arrow to go Left: you will see the tittles.  I have been able to switch to the left to something that I'm interested to know/view right now.  However if I go moving around too much, I think when I was clicking going back, then I was given the message to put the code.  At that point, I came out completely, hit the button top right to get the icons for all the channels and chose Fox Channel again and this time I behaved, stopped moving around and had it on all morning and watch everything that has been going on!

0 Kudos
lindseyj

I'm super disappointed in this. I was able to watch Fox news without any cable or dish...just the cable coming out of the wall. Now that ROKU is hooked up I can't even do that! What's the point in cutting ties with cable like they advertise if you have to have an account with cable or dish just to get Fox News?! It's pointless.

lindseyj

I appreciate the info and yes I do know this I was just hoping to be able to stream the Fox News channel so I could actually watch full episodes even if I had to pay for the app that's fine. Thanks again:)

0 Kudos
Accordionist13
Channel Surfer

LindseyJ, I appreciate you too.  So, it is evident that  many of us want Fox News.  No wonder, they have been No. 1 news for many years!

So, why don't we all send a message to Roku, Sling and whatever else you have:

"We prefer FOX NEWS; more than ever we need a Channel that let us know all sides of what's going on, but ESPECIALLY, THE TRUTH OF WHAT'S GOING ON.

If it is it because it is expensive, then GET RID OF CNN AND MSNBC and with that money saved WE CAN HAVE FREE 24/7 ALL ACCESS FOX NEWS!

foxnews on roku

0 Kudos