Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't add channels to my 2019 TCL 32" Roku TV this week, could last week

Hi, I've been using ROKU TV since May.  I was previously able to add in my Prime and PBS channels no problem.  This week tryin to access TBS, SyFy and TNT which are free with the subscription.  I went to link, entered code, then Frontier who is my Internet Provider.  The screen gives me a green check mark, says successfully added but when I go back to access the channel I get an error message telling me I have to contact my TV provider.  Please help, this is really upsetting and lots of stuff passing me by!!!  I'm in Connecticut in the USA.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't add channels to my 2019 TCL 32" Roku TV this week, could last week

@Beckyraindear 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware those channels are authenticated channels that may require a TV or cable provider subscription. Are you authenticating those channels with your appropriate TV or cable provider?

For more information about authenticated channels, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos