Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dannyps
Level 7

Can't add channels such as Disney+, The Roku Channel

Neither of the channels mentioned in the title is available for me. In the website, the add button is greyed out, and in my Roku Premiere, I simply can't find them.

I'm located in Portugal, and at least Disney+ should be available. I've checked with their support.

This is very unpleasant as I trusted Roku and bought the product and it turns out it's not working properly.

I don't have any VPN set up, and my internet connection is working for everything else. Could Roku servers be miss-detecting my location?

Thank you for your support.

3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Can't add channels such as Disney+, The Roku Channel

Portugal isn't a Roku supported region.  While Disney+ may be available in Portugal that doesn't mean it's available via a Roku device.

Dannyps
Level 7

Based on the third paragraph, by @RokuTannerD, it does mean that it is available.

I'll keep waiting for further feedback. Thanks, @renojim.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

I don't believe there's anything in the third paragraph (or any other paragraph) that implies Portugal is a supported region.  What are you seeing that I'm not?   Or did you mean to say unavailable?

0 Kudos