Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dannyps
Level 7

Can't add channels such as Disney+, The Roku Channel

Neither of the channels mentioned in the title is available for me. In the website, the add button is greyed out, and in my Roku Premiere, I simply can't find them.

I'm located in Portugal, and at least Disney+ should be available. I've checked with their support.

This is very unpleasant as I trusted Roku and bought the product and it turns out it's not working properly.

I don't have any VPN set up, and my internet connection is working for everything else. Could Roku servers be miss-detecting my location?

Thank you for your support.

5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't add channels such as Disney+, The Roku Channel

Portugal isn't a Roku supported region.  While Disney+ may be available in Portugal that doesn't mean it's available via a Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dannyps
Level 7

Based on the third paragraph, by @RokuTannerD, it does mean that it is available.

I'll keep waiting for further feedback. Thanks, @renojim.

0 Kudos
renojim

I don't believe there's anything in the third paragraph (or any other paragraph) that implies Portugal is a supported region.  What are you seeing that I'm not?   Or did you mean to say unavailable?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
OldRock
Level 7

Does it means that no Portuguese should buy a Roku? In fact, Amazon Prime, Disney +, Acorn, HBO, etc. are now available in Portugal. None of them work on Roku, BUT THEY WORK IN EVERY OTHER PLATFORM. I Believe that Roku is triyng to solve this, dont you? 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Disney, along with every other developer of a channel for Roku devices, has total control over what geographic locations their Roku channel is available. Simply because a service (such as Disney+) is available in a particular location doesn't mean the company has authorized Roku devices to use it. This is what is happening in your case.

Disney has to change the settings in the Roku channel store to permit their channel to be available in your country. Roku has no control over this, only the channel developer can make the change. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos