Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can’t add NowTV

This morning I completed a software update/factory reset on my Roku Express. I also changed the account associated with my roku device.

I’m now no longer able to access NowTV (I can’t even find it in the Channel Store on my device) and when I sign into my account on my phone and go to the Channel Store, the ‘Add Channel’ option on NowTV is greyed our.

I’m wondering what the problem is. Can anyone advise?

For extra context, I’m in the U.K. and my Roku Express model is a Roku Express (3900 series)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Can’t add NowTV

Did you create your new account in the U.K. and while not hiding your true location?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

i cannot access uk channel store.

I received a Roku express as a replacement for my Roku streaming stick as I was having remote issues. 
I am in the UK, (always have been when using Roku and signing in).

I have signed in with the SAME account as my old stick and I am not hiding my IP address, this account has now tv on it.

I tried a factory reset but still cannot access the uk channel store.

I have the old stick in another tv and still have now tv on it, I am reluctant to delete it just to see if I can reinstall it.

Why can is the new device not letting me access uk channel store?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Whiteeedotcom 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

That would make perfect sense - except I didn’t create a new account for the new device I simply logged in to an old account that was created in the same location/building in the UK with same ISP.

I can still add uk channels on the old device logged in to same account.

0 Kudos