Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ned1

Can't add Disney+ or Roku Channels after abroad.

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Express 4k+ when travelling to visit family in Europe.  The initial setup was done there.  When I returned to the US and tried to use it, some channels like Disney+ and RokuTV are not available anymore in the Channel Store.  How can I get them working again?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't add Disney+ or Roku Channels after abroad.

Jump to solution

Now that you're in the US, you have to create a new Roku account, factory reset your Roku device, and link it to the new account.  If you have any purchases/subscriptions through Roku you'll lose them.  You should cancel any subscriptions you have through Roku on the old account.

There's no way to switch a foreign Roku account to a US account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

Now that you're in the US, you have to create a new Roku account, factory reset your Roku device, and link it to the new account.  If you have any purchases/subscriptions through Roku you'll lose them.  You should cancel any subscriptions you have through Roku on the old account.

There's no way to switch a foreign Roku account to a US account.

0 Kudos
emrahcan

Jump to solution

Turkey Disney is supported. You can see the link. We watch Apple tv, Xbox etc.. Can't watch Roku Exp.4K+

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=ca0390371ba14cdcb8651f861a4bcbc4

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@emrahcan, as has been stated many, many times, it doesn't matter if a service is available in your region.  If Roku doesn't officially support your region then most providers won't allow their service on the Roku platform.