Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymouse_oOOo
Channel Surfer

Re: Cant add disney plus To My Channels

Jump to solution

I understand that, and I think Roku should do someting about it - like talk to them. I'm a single user - Roku represents thousands.

If I develop a new mediastick no one would buy it without any channels on it and I would have to contact the channel providers to get them to put their channels on my mediastick.

What I'm saying is that without content this product won't sell in Europe, and when the providers do put their contet on the Roku-stick it will probably be too late - as everyone else have this content already.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm sure Roku does have those conversations. But in the end they have no power to make Disney or any other provider make their channel available for certain customers.

One issue might be that fact that Roku is only officially supported/available in Europe in France, Germany and Great Britain. If you aren't located in one of those countries, that might be a reason a provider doesn't make their content available on Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
anonymouse_oOOo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I belive this is the case. As I am situated in Norway (Nothern Europe/Scandinavia) Roku is not officially supported in this region and as a consequences Disney+ nor Prime Video is available.
I understand that Roku cannot force Disney or Amazon to open up in regions Roku themselves don't support, but why won't Roku officially support more than three countries in Europe? In Scandinavia (Norway, Sweeden and Denmark) we are early adopters and we spend a lot of money on technical gadgets and media. I admit we're not the most populated region, approximately 20 millions , but I belive Roku would do well supporting theire products here.

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku simply needs to add an EU-zone to their systems. And/or merge the 3 "supported" EU countries into the EU-zone.

Then Disney+, Amazon and everyone else that currently is not available can be convinced to open it up.

Roku keeps claiming that it's not them, but by simply putting the majority of the world under "REST OF THE WORLD" is incompetence of the highest order. Especially as they have not fixed THIS for years.

Anyone even considering a device from Roku really needs to be informed that Roku doesn't care about their customers.

Amtorder
Channel Surfer

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

So we recently got disney+ in Dubai yet Roku has not opened that channel for us yet? Is that just a delay from Roku or is Disney not allowing them to do so although they sold us subscriptions to it and we can currently watch using our computers.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

Hello @Amtorder

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Dubai is not an official supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add the Disney Plus.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams on Roku Dubai.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fmalka

Re: Can't add Disney Plus channel – region is incorrectly set to Mexico instead of US

Jump to solution

Disney plus is available now in Israel.

But i still can't download it from the channel store.

How can it be fixed?

-Franck.

0 Kudos
anonymouse_oOOo
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't add Disney Plus channel – region is incorrectly set to Mexico instead of US

Jump to solution

See RokuTannerD's response and explanation here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Accounts-Billing-Orders/Does-Roku-need-to-be-region-set/td-p/471736

Other locations in which Roku does not officially sell products are not supported regions, and therefore do not offer the same options for adding channels/services (e.g. Israel). Some services, such as Netflix and YouTube, have been made available by these service providers in almost any location, and would be available on Roku in currently unsupported regions. Other channels may not have been made available by their respective service providers in these locations, and therefore will not be available to add.

Roku is not officially supported in your region and will therefor not work with service providers to make their channels available in your region. I recommend that you buy another mediaplayer, like Google Chromecast gen 4, that are supported in your region.

0 Kudos
Amtorder
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

With all due respect, why should I consider replacing my roku with another player when all my other subscriptions are working on it. also i will have to replace 3 roku devices in my home. Its a lot easier and cheaper to just cancel my disney+ subscription and just wait until they behave and put it on roku for international viewers. Gone are the days that we have to do what they (service providers) want. Its time they do what customers want. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Amtorder Unfortunately it is completely under Disney’s control. There’s nothing Roku can do to make it available in the channel store. Disney is where you need to voice your complaint. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos