Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant add disney plus To My Channels

Jump to solution

@Roeleveld wrote:

Again chasing this with Disney+.

Now the person (From Disney+) is claiming it is waiting for a contract between Roku and Disney+.

Roku: Is this true?

I have a problem believing Roku requires separate contracts for different regions. We know they already have a contract with Disney since it's available in other locations. My guess is that Disney person has no idea so made something up.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@Roeleveld wrote:

Again chasing this with Disney+.

Now the person (From Disney+) is claiming it is waiting for a contract between Roku and Disney+.

Roku: Is this true?

I have a problem believing Roku requires separate contracts for different regions. We know they already have a contract with Disney since it's available in other locations. My guess is that Disney person has no idea so made something up.

I fully agree with you on this, which is why I would love to actually get anything from Roku that I can use to show those people. My goal is to get this resolved, not just for me, but for everyone else in this situation.

A howto/guide/whatever that shows what Disney+ needs to do to resolve this would be useful. Unfortunately, I don't have access to that part of the system, so I don't know how to do the actual fix. But I have a hard time believing it's more than just a few "tickboxes".

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I did attempt to create a channel for Roku once, so I have seen the developer's side. Yes, it's simply a matter of checking the correct boxes for location access. Perhaps the interface has changed a bit since I was dabbling in it, but I doubt it is by much. I don't have such access any longer, so I can't grab any screenshots myself. 

Dan

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

regions.jpg

I am not a Roku employee.
Remierwan

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

I am based in Singapore and recently, Singapore just released Disney+ in the region. However, I am still unable to add the Disney+ apps in Roku. 

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Remi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Remierwan 

Disney+ might be available in your country, but Disney has to enable their app on Roku devices as well. It's not something that Roku can control. Only Disney can enable their channel on Roku devices for your country.

So, contact Disney and tell them they need to update their Roku app so it's available in your country. They will probably just tell you it's already available in your country, so you need to be firm with them that they have to make it available on Roku devices, and only they can do so. 

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Relatedly, I bought a Roku 2 XD on ebay and I think that the original region of the Roku was out of where Disney Plus is available.  It is available in my region, I have it as a channel on my Roku 1.  How do I reset the region of the Roku so that I can get the channel?  I already did a factory reset.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The Roku XD (model 2050) is 11 years old, and no longer supported by Roku. Also, Disney does not support their channel on a device that old. There's nothing you can do to make Disney load on that device. 

Dan

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@abbyupstairs wrote:

Relatedly, I bought a Roku 2 XD on ebay and I think that the original region of the Roku was out of where Disney Plus is available.  It is available in my region, I have it as a channel on my Roku 1.  How do I reset the region of the Roku so that I can get the channel?  I already did a factory reset.

Though Disney+ support indicates "Roku 2" is supported, they unfortunately werent granular enough and only support the newest Roku 2 model (the 2720).

Your Roku 2 XD (3050) isnt supported:

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=0e228117db6bc49860f3eacb13961992

Can I use Roku to watch Disney+?

Yes, and additionally, Disney+ supports up to 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos for Roku depending on the specific capabilities of the device.

Please note: To play 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos content, you’ll need to have compatible display and sound systems.

Supported Roku Devices
The latest model of the following devices are supported:

• Roku LT (2700X)
  • Roku 1
  • Roku 2
  • Roku 3
  • Roku 4
  • Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • 4K Roku Premiere
  • 4K Roku Premiere+
  • 4K Roku Ultra
  • 4K Roku Ultra LT\
  • Roku Streaming Stick
  • 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Roku TV
  • 4K Roku Smart Speaker

Non-Supported Roku Devices

• 2400X
  • 3000X
  • 3050X
  • 3100X
  • 2450X
  • 2500X
  • 3400X
  • 3420X
0 Kudos
JoachimSchrader
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Living in Norway/Europe, just bought an roku streaming stick+ and no Disney+. I guess all the "contact Disney support" didn't work. Perhaps it's about time that Roku contacts Disney to sort this out?

0 Kudos