Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant add disney plus To My Channels

Jump to solution

https://docs.roku.com/published/usertermsandconditions/en/us

We (or our content providers) may update, add, or remove channels, content, and/or content providers from time to time (possibly without notice to you). We reserve the right to restrict (or remove) access from your Roku device to any content and/or channel if we have reason to believe that a device linked to your Roku account is not yours, it has been hacked, stolen, or compromised, or that the content and/or channel is not properly authorized or licensed in your country, violates applicable law, or has been improperly offered by a content provider. We may also suspend (or terminate) your Roku account if we believe it is necessary to protect Roku, our content providers, or partners from what we believe to be unauthorized activity.

You're the one making up that Roku themselves are geofencing anything other than The Roku Channel. For that channel, they are the content provider and have restricted where it can be accessed. But for every other channel available on Roku, any geofencing is done by the channel creator. Roku themselves do not develop channels for other providers. 

Since Roku never publicly discusses anything they do internally, we have no idea if they make any attempts to get providers to offer their channels everywhere. I would think they'd make an attempt, but there's no way to know. So I can think positive and you can think negative. Either way there's no way to be sure. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

All Roku can do is suggest it to them. They have no control over what a content provider does with their own channel. They have no authority to alter what the channel developer has put in place. It's up to the provider (Disney) to make it happen. Has Roku brought this up to them? Perhaps, but we have no way of ever knowing, as Roku will not discuss anything internal in public.

Dan

0 Kudos
NTC
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@ignacioguzman01 wrote:

Sorry guys  code not works

3FADFEF2-B7EE-4F63-9C2D-3956D865ACD7.png

Read all the post in the link I provided. It will tell you that you can not do it from a mobile telephone. There are other post explaining other actions to take if it does not work the first time.

0 Kudos
ignacioguzman01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did it though my computer and nothing 

Same error

0 Kudos
adunkel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I added Disney Plus to my Roku from my computer but when I try to see it on my Roku account on my TV, it doesn't show at all and a search shows up nothing.

Please advise

Thanks, Al

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@adunkel wrote:

I added Disney Plus to my Roku from my computer but when I try to see it on my Roku account on my TV, it doesn't show at all and a search shows up nothing.

Please advise

Thanks, Al

One of two things: either your Roku isn't a supported model, or Disney+ isn't available where you live. So, what model Roku do you have (not just the model name, need the specific number) and where are you located?

Dan

0 Kudos
adunkel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I Know Disney Plus is in my area. My ROKU Model is 2. As you mentioned, maybe its not high enough on the model scale to get Disney Plus. Please advise which ROKU model will allow me to add Disney Plus.

Thanks,

Al 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

Note that there are five different Roku players that used "2" in their model name. Only one of those five is supported. Below is the list as posted on the Disney Plus web site. My personal opinion is it's not completely accurate, and there are some other unsupported models that aren't listed here,

Supported Roku Devices
The latest model of the following devices are supported:

• Roku LT (2700X)
  • Roku 1
  • Roku 2 (note: there are two different model numbers for this version of the Roku 2: 2720 and 4210. I don't think the 2720 is supported)
  • Roku 3
  • Roku 4
  • Roku Express
  • Roku Express+
  • 4K Roku Premiere
  • 4K Roku Premiere+
  • 4K Roku Ultra
  • 4K Roku Ultra LT
  • Roku Streaming Stick
  • 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Roku TV
  • 4K Roku Smart Speaker

Non-Supported Roku Devices

• 2400X (note: also called the Roku LT. there's a different supported model with the same name)
  • 3000X (note: this is called the Roku 2 HD)
  • 3050X (note: this is called the Roku 2 XD)
  • 3100X (note: this is called the Roku 2 XS)
  • 2450X (note: also called the Roku LT. there's a different supported model with the same name)
  • 2500X (note: this is also called the Roku 2 HD)
  • 3400X (note: this is the original Roku MHL Streaming Stick)
  • 3420X (note: this is also the Roku MHL Streaming Stick)
  • They don't say it, but I don't think the 3500 purple Streaming Stick is supported either
Dan

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don't forget to mention that Roku doesn't supply the actual Disney+ channel in all the regions where Disney+ is actually available

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

What meant to include is that outside the US, Canada, UK, and a few other places, it's entirely possible that Disney+ is available in a particular country, but that Disney hasn't made it available for Roku devices. That is not something that Roku can control. Only the channel providers can specify the geographical areas the channel is available. 

Dan

0 Kudos