Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ignacioguzman01
Channel Surfer

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

ok thanks for the information

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Why can't Roku do this? This should be part of normal customer service in this case.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Providers make their channels available only in locations they have the permission to stream their content. Roku has no control over where providers make their channels available, and cannot override the settings the provider builds into their channels. This is completely out of Roku's control. You have to ask the provider to make their channel available in your particular location.

The other thing is that many newer channels, including Disney Plus, will only work on the newest model devices. Again, there's nothing Roku can do about that. The provider only makes the channel available on devices they feel will provide an acceptable level of satisfaction. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ignacioguzman01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes thats no make sense allow Latin America watch Disney Plus and cant use it on our devices. I have Roku express. And Roku premiere. And also i just called Disney plus customer service but they couldn’t help me so that no make sense because in Latin America theres a lot of customer which use Roku. So somebody need to scale this 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Disney Plus is the only ones that can make their channel available in your area. Roku has no authority to override the provider's settings on their channel. Disney Plus is the place you have to keep complaining. You probably need to escalate the problem higher in their customer service chain. The 1 level support likely have no idea what you're talking about. All they know is their service is available in your location. They don't understand that the player has to also be authorized for your are. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Re: Cant add disney plus To My Channels

Jump to solution

The other thing is that many newer channels, including Disney Plus, will only work on the newest model devices. Again, there's nothing Roku can do about that. The provider only makes the channel available on devices they feel will provide an acceptable level of satisfaction. 

I fully disagree with this statement.

Roku might not be able to actually change the settings, but they CAN inform Disney Plus that they need to recheck their settings as the channel-availability does not match the service availability.

Expecting your own customers to have to chase everyone shows lack of customer service.

0 Kudos
NTC
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This may help:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Adicionar-y-configurar-Disney-pa...

You may have to create new account, but read all the post first.

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am in Europe and have the exact same issue.

I just spent over an hour with support via their chat-service and did manage to explain it to them. They confirmed it is set incorrectly and will look into fixing it. It did take them 3 double-checks to find out though. When talking to them, reference this thread along with quoting the reply by the Roku employee on the 2nd page.

Also specify clearly that the Disney Plus Channel/App on the Roku is NOT available within your region. Also specify clearly which region you are in (incl. what region your IP is linked to)

I am, btw, NOT able to find out which region Roku things I am actually in, that would be useful information as well.

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:
Disney is the only ones that can make their channel available in your area. Roku has no authority to override the provider's settings on their channel. Disney is the place you have to keep complaining. You probably need to escalate the problem higher in their customer service chain. The 1 level support likely have no idea what you're talking about. All they know is their service is available in your location. They don't understand that the player has to also be authorized for your are. 

Again, I disagree.

Roku should have a contact method with the app-development and management team for Disney Plus and should be able to inform them that the app/channel availability does not match the service availability.

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@NTC wrote:
This may help:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Adicionar-y-configurar-Disney-pa...

You may have to create new account, but read all the post first.

Could you give a brief summary in English for me?

I'm afraid that is not a language I know sufficient to follow.

0 Kudos