Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I access AMC Plus on my Roku device?

I purchased an AMC Plus subscription directly from the AMC site. They advertise that you can watch it on Roku. I've spent maybe an hour checking both Roku & AMC Plus and it doesn't look like I have the option to access it.

I can access AMC Plus through the AMC site. I can also access it on Roku through my computer via AMC Plus. There just doesn't seem to be a way on my Roku device, which is a 3900 model. I can't even download the AMC Plus channel on the device... but I can go to it. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
JediAC

Re: Why can't I access AMC Plus on my Roku device?

I found a resolution! I have a Roku express (not a stick if that matters), connected to my LG. I took advantage of the black Friday offer to sign up for a year subscription through amcplus.com. I signed up and installed the app on my Android phone and tablet successfully. However, on my Roku I received a 'channel install failed unable to add' error message.

In another forum it refers to settings in the Roku itself. Go to Settings > Privacy > Reset advertising

I went back to AMC Plus app and installed without issue. Hope that helps! This is the AMC Plus app NOT The AMC premiere app. Have no clue regarding the latter.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I just looked at the AMC Plus web site, and I believe I found the issue. There is no standalone AMC channel for Roku devices. The only way to watch them on Roku devices is through The Roku Channel, which requires a subscription through Roku. There is no way to watch AMC Plus on a Roku device using a direct AMC Plus subscription. Again, this is directly from their web page home screen:

HOW CAN I WATCH AMC Plus?

You watch where you subscribe:
If you subscribe directly with AMC: Use www.amcplus.com or the new AMC Plus app available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku.

If you subscribe with your TV provider: Search your On Demand menu for AMC Plus. You can also use your providers website or app.
(These subscriptions will not work with AMC’s website or app.)

If you subscribe with Apple TV Channels, Amazon Prime Video Channels, or The Roku Channel: Launch the app for Apple TV, Prime Video or The Roku Channel. AMC Plus will be a new section within this app.
(These subscriptions will not work with AMC’s website or app.)

I acknowledge they list an available app for Roku under the first bullet, but there is no such channel listed on the Roku channel store web site. 

HOWEVER: I just searched the channel store on my Ultra, and I did find an AMC Plus channel listed. No idea why the web site doesn't list it. So try using the channel store on your device and search for AMC Plus. Install that channel, then use your credentials to log in.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
lpadron13
Reel Rookie

There's an AMC Plus app and it's garbage. Works inconsistently.

I found the AMC plus app in the channel store when I click on it it only gives me the ability to start a free trial. It does not allow me to login with my credentials. Does anybody have another solution?

0 Kudos
lpadron13
Reel Rookie

If I remember correctly you have to create the account on their online site. After that you simply log in via your Roku app to watch.

0 Kudos