Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UpRyzen
Reel Rookie

Can't access Showtime

Jump to solution

On 3 Dec 2020 (yesterday),  i signed up for the Showtime offer ($4.99/month for 3 months). Last night, I added the Showtime channel on my Roku TV. When I tried to use it, it asked for a log-in ID and a password. Roku did not send me a message about needing a log-in ID/password. I went to Showtime, and they said there is no account under the email that I use for Roku.

I just looked at my Roku account purchases, and it shows Showtime in the list at the special offer price. How am I supposed to use what I paid for?

(BTW, I wanted to ask Roku Support about this, but the Chat link is disabled (yes, it's past 6am PST), and when I click the email link, it leads to a page with no content but the page header and footer.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't access Showtime

Jump to solution

Try watching it through The Roku Channel.  Most (all?) subscriptions taken out through Roku will be viewed there. 

Subscriptions taken out directly with the service on its website will be available to log into via the separate channel app for that service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try watching it through The Roku Channel.  Most (all?) subscriptions taken out through Roku will be viewed there. 

Subscriptions taken out directly with the service on its website will be available to log into via the separate channel app for that service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
UpRyzen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ah! Thank you! That works. Wish I had known that in first place.  🙂  

Hope you enjoy the holidays!

0 Kudos
EstherH18

Jump to solution

We just set-up our Roku and can’t access Showtime, which we pay for through our Xfinity account, through the Roku Channel or the separate app. 

any suggestions??

thanks. 

0 Kudos
JustRoking

Jump to solution

Download Showtime anytime

0 Kudos
EasyFunky

Jump to solution

bought the .99 cent two month trial,   showtime and paramount were inacessable.  did the delete , restart that worked for paramount plus,  but using the Roku Showtime app,  does not.  ,  am I missing something?

0 Kudos