Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickmary11
Level 7

Can’t access Roku channels even though I pay for cable

Hi,
I previously had frontier as my cable provider. At that time, I was able to stream most channels on my Roku if it was apart of my cable subscription. Long story short, I dropped frontier, went to a different provider and now I’m back with frontier. I have the same cable package as before. The only difference is I increased my internet speed. Now I am not able to stream channels on my Roku even if the channel is a part of my cable subscription. My cable provider doesn’t have a clue why I can’t stream. Has anyone else had this issue?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Can’t access Roku channels even though I pay for cable

"Nickmary11" wrote:
Hi,
I previously had frontier as my cable provider. At that time, I was able to stream most channels on my Roku if it was apart of my cable subscription. Long story short, I dropped frontier, went to a different provider and now I’m back with frontier. I have the same cable package as before. The only difference is I increased my internet speed. Now I am not able to stream channels on my Roku even if the channel is a part of my cable subscription. My cable provider doesn’t have a clue why I can’t stream. Has anyone else had this issue?

Roku has a form of single sign on implemented. Some apps utilize that. For example, the A&E gamily of channels -- History, Lifetime, etc. -- are that way. Using those as an example, if you are signed in to your second (and no longer valid) provider, the apps may still be tied to the invalid login, even if you attempt to sign in with your new (and original) provider.

If that's what's going on -- and you may need to do all this to rule it out -- you'll need to log out of each app then remove it from your Roku. Then, you'll need to reboot the Roku. Then, add one of the apps back, log in, and see if it works.

Note that if there are, say, six related apps you have installed, and you remove five, that won't do. All of the related apps must be logged out and removed (then the Roku rebooted).

This will be a troublesome process if you have a large number of apps installed. You may need to log out of every app and remove them from each of the devices on your account.

Oh, and you can't cross providers on different devices on the same account. So, if you're managing a parent's Roku on your Roku account, and they have Comcast (for example) that may stop you from using Frontier on yours if the Roku devices are on the same Roku account.

Single sign on can be wonderful. And it can be a nightmare.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos