Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't access Apple TV app on Roku 4 | HD

On the Roku store I added the Apple TV app and its says "installed"  but it does not show up on the Roku home screen, ever after doing the "update" check in settings and restarting Roku...  Also, if I search for the Apple TV app within the Roku itself it is not found though it is listed as "installed" on the web interface for my Roku.

What's going on?

James

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 17

Re: Can't access Apple TV app on Roku 4 | HD

What model Roku? Disney only wrote their channel app to work on later model Roku's with enhanced capabilities beyond those of some older units.  It will only load on compatible units.

See: https://www.androidcentral.com/can-you-watch-disney-roku

Added later:  Oops, sorry, you asked about Apple TV and I answered for Disney +, but the same concept applies.  See THIS article https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/10/15/the-apple-tv-app-is-compatible-with-these-roku-set-top-bo....

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mystic1muse 

Thanks for the note.

According to the link that you have provided regarding your device, it looks like you have a Roku 4 (4400X). This device is not supported by the Apple TV channel, hence why it will not show up on your device.

For more information about Roku devices that are supported by the Apple TV channel, visit our Support page here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos